25. Someone Close To You Dies

(Angst and Suicide read with caution!)

The Joker:
Even though you spend most of your time with Gotham's most notorious criminal, you still visited your parents a lot. One day you get a call, from the
hospital, you answer the phone and they tell you that your mother passed away from a car crash. You don't believe it at first, but then they say "I'm sorry." And you hang up the phone and start to cry, you haven't seen her in a while and you think about how she died with you not even being there. The Joker walks into the room and sees you crying, he sits down next to you and he knows this isn't a "just make her laugh" kind of sadness. "What happened..." he says softly, you sniffle a little, "my....my mom died." He places a hand on your leg, he knows there is nothing much he can do except be there for you.

Dr Jonathan Crane:
You don't talk with a lot of people, but you still had close connections with a friend from high school, she always called you even when you didn't want to talk, she was always so upbeat and happy so her suicide came as a surprise when you heard. You don't cry, because you are to shocked, but you don't eat and sleep a lot so eventually he's bound to notice. "You've been acting really weird lately, is something up." You remember that you didn't tell him, you are still in bed and it's 1:30. "Oh....I never told you...my friend she killed herself." He looks at you and rubs your shoulder. "Oh, do you want to talk about it?" You nod, you do want to talk about it. How does someone put on the mask of a happy person, and how does someone hide it so well? He says it's easy to put on a mask to the public, and there is nothing you could of done. You thought it was your fault for not noticing, maybe it's not.

Roman Sionis:
You love him very much, but he isn't the best person to go to when you feel upset, so when you got a call from your dad saying your sister passed away unexpectedly from a fall, you held it in until you went to the bathroom and thought about it and cried. How can someone pass so unexpectedly, life can be over so quick and you may never know. You cared a lot for your sister, how can she be gone so quick. These questions haunt you and you cry, the last time you talked you two got into a fight so you wish you could tel her things you didn't say. You hear a knock on the door and jump a little, you were in your own world. "Are you in there?" you don't know what to tell him, you say very weakly, "yes..."' he noticed how sad you sound and he opens the door and sees you in the bathtub. He kneels down, "what's wrong?" You tell him about your sister and how you are feeling towards the topic of dying. "You can't be afraid of death. It can happen at any moment but you have to embrace it, I like to believe death is just the next phase of life." Wow, you didn't think he would say something like that, he kisses you and rubs away a few tears.

Two Face:
He's the one that told you about your dad, you weren't home when he got the call so when you came home he hugs you really tight, it's not a unusual, but the hug felt different. "What's up?" He places a hand on your cheek and he looks at you sadly. "I got a call from the hospital, your dad, he passed." You heart feels like it was ripped into pieces, you tear up a bit. "I'm so sorry." He keeps you in his arms and he wipes away some tears. You knew this was coming he's been sick for a while with cancer but you didn't think it would be now. You cry more, "I should of been there...." he rubs your cheek, "It's ok, even if you weren't there recently he knows you love him." You bury yourself close to him, regretting so many things he keeps your close he knows he is powerless in this situation.