Chapter 8: The Mudhorn

Once the morning arrived, we arrived at the Jawas' camp, where their ship stood beside them. The Jawas had several tents with parts from Mando's ship, lying on the ground along with some droids. Upon seeing Kuiil, the Jawas waved. Kuiil waved back before speaking in a different language.

I noticed that Mando took out his rifle, prepared to use it if necessary, which I was hoping he wouldn't have to. Everything seemed to be going well...until they saw Mando. They let out a yell as they raised their blasters.

"They really don't like you for some reason." Kuiil commented.

"Well, I did disintegrate a few of them." Mando confessed.

I scoffed. "More like a bunch of them."

Mando said nothing, but turned his helmet towards me. No doubt he was glaring at me. I merely shrugged, knowing I was right. Kuiil then climbed off the blurrg before turning to face the Jawas. One of the Jawas spoke up in their language. Kuiil gave the Jawa a nod before turning back to face Mando. "You need to drop your rifle."

"I'm a Mandalorian. Weapons are part of my religion." Mando shot back.

"Then you are not getting your parts back." Kuiil retorted.

Mando let out a sigh, reluctantly putting down his rifle onto the sled. Mando and I then climbed out of the sled. However, one of the Jawas pointed at Mando. Kuiil immediately translated for us.

"And the blaster." Kuiil added.

Kuiil then walked towards the Jawas, commencing to speak in their language again. I watched as Mando glanced down at his blaster. No doubt he was contemplating whether or not he would put his rifle down.

"You'll be fine. I doubt the Jawas will want to remain on your good side." I pointed out.

Upon hearing my words, Mando took the blaster out of his holster, putting it down onto the shed. R8 then hopped off the sled, but I stopped him, raising my hand. "Hold on, R8. You should stay with the child."

R8 let out a sad low beep, but obeyed, remaining behind with the child. With that, Mando and I made our way towards Kuiil, who was with the Jawas. We sat down on the ground on top of blankets next to Kuiil. The Jawas sat across from us. One of the Jawas spoke to Kuiil in his language. After a few moments, Kuiil translated his words for us.

"They will trade all the parts for Beskar." Kuiil commented.

"I'm not gonna trade anything. These are my parts." Mando argued. "They stole them from me."

Another Jawa then spoke up, but Mando grew frustrated as he spoke in their language. However, he must've said something wrong as the Jawas all laughed, but at least he was doing his best. That Jawa that Mando interrupted spoke again.

"You understand this?" Mando asked, raising an arm.

Mando then fired a flamethrower he had on his wrist. The flames quickly made their way to the Jawas, who let out shrieks. They quickly ducked, avoiding the flames. My jaw dropped in shock. I quickly snapped out if it though as I reached out, grabbing his wrist. The flames died down at once. Mando quickly turned his helmet towards me.

"What do you think you're doing?" He inquired.

"Stopping you from hurting them." I protested. "Killing them won't solve anything."

"It will get me my parts back." Mando argued.

"There are other ways to deal with this situation. Like peacefully talking to them." I suggested.

Mando scoffed. "We've tried that."

"Enough! "Kuiil exclaimed.

"He started it." I pointed out.