Chapter 25: Time Heist

"I'm sorry to say, but Bruce is right. I've been to the past with my team in S.H.I.E.L.D., and...well, let's just say we changed some pretty significant things, and it didn't change the future. It just created another timeline of different events." I clarified.

"See? Even she agrees, and she's more of an expert of this than I am." Bruce mentioned.

"Fine, let's just get this test over with." Clint suggested.

With that, Clint and I made our way to the platform, while the rest of the team watched from behind the control panel.

"All right, Clint, Mandy. We're going in Three...two...one!" Bruce exclaimed.

A helmet then appeared on my head before I shrunk. I glanced around seeing different tunnels as I flew around. I stared in awe, taking everything in. I never thought I'd do something like this in my life, but I'm glad I was. This was exciting and fun, despite the dangers this held.

Once I reached an opening, I returned to normal size. I was discombobulated just like Bruce had warned, and feeling some pain surge though my head and body. However, I took deep breaths, and it went away. I looked around to find myself outside of my house. My eyes widened. Mom? Monica? With that, I rushed into the house in search of them. I then saw mom in the kitchen, cooking dinner. My heart warmed as I stared in awe. Tears began to prick my eyes.

"Mom..." I called out.

All of the sudden, I heard beeping coming from my suit. My eyes widened. No! I tried to run into the kitchen as I shouted out her name. However, I was gone before I could even reach her. I went small again before returning to the facility, lying back on the platform at normal size. I stared at the ground in disappointment. I couldn't reach her in time. Clint laid beside me. Natasha rushed over towards us. "Hey, hey. Look at me. You okay?"

Clint held a baseball glove in his hand, throwing it to Stark. "Yeah, it worked. It worked."

The others looked over at me, and I nodded, wearing a bitter sweet smile as I fought back tears. "It worked..."

We're one step closer to bringing everyone back. The next day, we were all in a room with hologram displays of what I learned were six Infinity Stones. We all sat around a table, while Tony, Steve, and Bruce stood at the front, pacing around.

"Okay, so the how works. Now we gotta figure out the when and the where. Almost all of us has had an encounter with at least one of the six Infinity Stones." Steve explained.

"Or I'd substitute the word encounter for damn well near been killed by one of the six Infinity Stones." Tony added.

"I haven't, I don't even know what the hell you're all talking about." Scott admitted.

"Well, you aren't the only one. I've never seen one of these stones much less dealt with one." I chimed in.

" Regardless, we only have enough Pym Particles for one round trip each, and these stones have been in a lot of different places throughout history." Bruce added

"Our history. So, not a lot of convenient spots to just drop in." Tony said.

Clint then intervened. "Which means we have to pick our targets."

"Correct." Tony confirmed.

"Let's start with the Aether. Thor, what do you know?" Steve asked.

We all looked over at Thor, who was sitting on a chair with his sunglasses on. It was impossible to tell whether he was awake or asleep. I raised an eyebrow. "Is he asleep?"

Rhodey shook his head. "No, I'm pretty sure he's dead."

Once Thor woke up, he walked up to the front of the room, where a hologram of the Aether was. Thor took off his glasses as he glanced over at us. "Where to start? Umm...The Aether, first, is not a stone, someone called it a stone before. It's more of a...an angry sludge thing, so...someone's gonna need to amend that. Here's an interesting story though, many years ago...My grandfather had to hide the stones from the Dark Elves..."