Chapter 16: Tatooine

I was surprised to hear that from Mando. He would normally keep his distance, but lately he's been opening up to me, offering to help me out, like on Sorgan. I cracked a smile. Under all that armor he's a good and kind man.

"Thank you, Mando. I appreciate it." I mentioned.

He gave me a small nod. With that, the door opened up. We saw three small strange looking droids with one eye, making their way towards the Razor Crest. Mando quickly took out his blaster, firing a shot at the sand in front of them. The poor droids curled up into balls, screaming, dropping the tools they carried. A woman then came rushing out towards us. "Hey! Hey! You damage one of my droids, you'll pay for it."

She had short brown curly hair, brown eyes, and light skin. She wore a brown jumpsuit, brown fingerless gloves, and brown boots. No doubt she's a mechanic and in charge of this bay. The droids took the opportunity to scurry off.

"Just keep them away from my ship." Mando warned.

She then raised an eyebrow. "Yeah? You think that's a good idea, do ya? Let's look at your ship."

The mechanic moved over towards the Razor Crest with a scanner in her hand. She then banged a hand against the ship. "Oof! Look at that. Ugh, you got a lot of carbon scorin' building up top. Yeah. If I didn't know better, I'd think you were in a shootout. Special tool for that one. I am gonna have to rotate that. You got a fuel leak. Look at that, this is a mess. How did you even land? That's gonna set you back."

I grimaced. Well, she's just a ray of sunshine. Immediately, Mando responded, taking out a few small rectangle made of some type of metal. "I've got 500 Imperial Credits."

She furrowed her brows, snatching the credits from him. "That's all you got? Well, what do you guys think?"

The mechanic turned to her droids, who were chattering amongst one another from a safe distance away from Mando. Despite knowing why Mando hated droids, I still couldn't help but feel bad for them, it wasn't their fault.

"That should at least cover the hangar." The mechanic commented.

"I'll get you your money." Mando assured her.

She scoffed. "Hmm. I've heard that before."

"Just remember--" Mando began.

However, the mechanic cut him off, nodding vigorously. "Yeah, no droids. I heard ya. You don't have to say it twice."

Mando then looked over at me. "Let's go."

With that, Mando I left the hangar and made our way into town. I immediately took in everything, looking around in awe. It's just like Star Wars. There were a couple people wandering around, but very few. As we walked past the homes, I noticed several stormtrooper helmets, which were all mounted on several pikes. We then made our way into a cantina, which was exactly like the cantina Luke and Ben Kenobi went into. Inside there were some droids and even different species of aliens, but there were less people than when Luke and Ben were here. The bartender was a droid, unlike in A New Hope. I wondered how much time has gone by since then...The bartender was cleaning the counter with an old rag when we approached him.

"Hey, droid, I'm a hunter. I'm lookin' for some work." Mando mentioned.

"Unfortunately, the Bounty Guild no longer operates from Tatooine." The droid informed us.

"I'm not looking for Guild work." Mando retorted.

"I am afraid that does not improve your situation, at least by my calculation." The droid retorted.

All of the sudden, we heard a male voice from behind us. "Think again, tin can."

Mando and I turned around to a man with fair skin, short brown hair, and brown eyes. He wore a a blue vest over a black shirt with goggles around his neck. The man was sitting in an empty booth. Mando and I exchanged a look. Mando gave me a small nod, walking towards the man. Reluctantly, I followed Mando towards the man's booth.