Chapter 20: Getting Even

We then ran back into the control room where we saw Xi'an, Qin, Mayfeld, and Burg. As Mando shut down the place to prevent them from escaping, I turned towards him.

"We're not going to kill them, are we?" I questioned.

Mando shook his head. "No, we're going to lock them in a cell."

I let out a sigh of relief. "Sounds like a plan."

We watched as Burg slowly made his way towards us. I was prepared to take him on, when Mando placed a hand on my shoulder.

"We have the element of surprise. Burg doesn't know we're here." Mando reminded me.

Of course. We use that to our advantage. Realizing where he was getting at, I responded. "So we use that to our advantage."

"Exactly." Mando confirmed.

We then looked around, trying to find a place to hide, and that's when we saw a vent on the ceiling. Immediately, I nudged Mando's shoulder.

"We can hide in there." I urged.

Mando gave me a nod. He then grabbed the beacon before helping me climb up onto the vent. Once I was inside, Mando got in. Unfortunately, the vent was small, which meant Mando and I were standing side by side. Don't worry, Mandy. You'll be out of here in no time. Sure enough, we saw Burg walk into the room.

"Where are you, little mice?" Burg questioned, looking around.

Once he was just below the vent, Mando fired his cable wire, wrapping it around Burg's neck. Burg put up a fight, struggling against the wire, putting his hands around it. Mando pulled back, trying to keep his hold on it.

"Ayla, I can't hold onto it any longer." He mentioned.

Not wanting for him to ask for help, I grabbed the wire, helping to pull Burg up. But even with our combined strength it wasn't enough, and we were both thrown out of the vent and onto the ground. Mando quickly fired small rockets at Burg, but it did nothing. Burg then grabbed Mando, throwing him onto the control panel. Mando quickly fired his flamethrower, but Burg emerged from the flames untouched. Damn, does anything hurt this guy? I then watched as he slammed Mando across the control panel before tossing him onto the ground.

I quickly intervened running towards him, kicking his stomach. He stumbled back onto the control panel. I then swung an arm, hitting his jaw. When I went to strike a third time, Burg beat me, grabbing my arm before twisting it back. I let out a yell, feeling terrible pain in my arm. He then threw me back against the wall, where I collapsed. Burg then turned around to face Mando giving him a kick before he could climb up onto his feet. He then lifted Mando up by the neck. "Let's see your face, Mandalorian."

"Not on my watch!" I retorted.

I climbed up on the control panel before jumping up onto Burg's shoulders, wrapping my legs and arms around his neck. He struggled, trying to get me off of him, but I held on for dear life. Burg then ran back towards one of the walls, slamming his back against it with all his strength. I let out a cry as I released my grip on him, hitting the floor. Burg then swung an arm, hitting my stomach before I could get back up on my feet.

"Hey!" Mando exclaimed.

Immediately, Burg spun around. Mando then took out a knife, hitting the control panel on the wall, closing the door on Burg. However, he used all his strength to lift the door back up. I then took out a dagger, hitting the second door, knocking out Burg. I let out a sigh of relief. Mando approached me, extending a hand out towards me. Without thinking, I took his hand.

"Thanks. Now, you get Mayfeld, I'll deal with your girlfriend." I offered.

Mando let out a sigh. "She's not my girlfriend, never was. Remember we're not killing them."