-Chapter 45-

-Back At The Mansion, Logan Point Of View-
The drive wasn't too bad thankfully Thalia slept almost the whole way back to the school but woke up when the engine stopped.

"Just a couple days right? Not that I don't love seeing everyone again but with Aurora as active as she is I'm not sure how long I can handle people" She sighs stretching her arms out over her head after hopping out of the truck.

"Yeah a couple days then we can go back to the house" I nod grabbing the bags from the back.

We head inside and Marie quickly spots Thalia and they hug Bobby is hovering behind her my guess is those two are actually going out now.

"Hey Logan" She smiles at me.

"Hey kid" I smile back at her while eyeing Bobby at the same time.

"You two going out or something"? I ask them bluntly pointing between them.

"Yes" Marie laughs nervously rubbing her gloved hands together looking at the floor.

"Don't listen to him Marie he's been in the car all day, I think it's sweet you and Bobby" Thalia shakes her head stepping into the middle between us.

"Thanks Tali see y'all later" Marie walks away pulling Bobby along with her.

"Well look who it is"

Storm grins walking down the main staircase it is good to be back if it is only temporary she explains more of what actually went down at the White House.

"Hi Storm" Thalia nods squinting a little her fingers trembling a tiny bit.

"It so good to see you, we've missed you around here. The students really missed your help in the classes" Storm says quietly looking at me for a second she noticed Thalia getting distant just now too.

"Missed them too" Thalia nods forcing herself to look back at Storm.

I take her upstairs to my old room she sits on the bed with her legs crossed using her light power to entertain herself but I get the fun job of unpacking the clothes yay, but I think this will be good for us mostly her though. Getting to see everyone show her that she can be around the other X men and not lose control.

I waited for her to fall asleep then I snuck out of the room headed downstairs I'm still too wired to actually sleep just yet on the way to the kitchen I see a kid on the couch watching tv except every time he blinks the channels change.

"Anything good"? I ask him.

All I get is a stare back from him, ok then. I get into the kitchen and Bobby is sitting at the island though what I really want is a beer so naturally looking through the cupboards was the logical next step.

"Where's the beer"? I look over my shoulder at him still holding a cabinet open.

"This is a school remember" He shakes his head.

I stare at him expectantly wondering what I'm supposed to drink now since there isn't any beer in this kitchen cause it's a school.

"Soda, second shelf in the cupboard" He nods to the cupboards.

I nod retrieving one but of course it's warm because it wasn't in the fridge but hey the kid has ice powers I hold it out to him and he frosted it over for me.

"Thanks" I sit down at the island across from him.

"So how is Thalia doing? We all were wondering about her" Bobby wonders also taking a drink from his own pop bottle.

I think about his question tilting my head side to side wondering how to answer it honestly because as of right now I'm not really sure myself. Each day is different with her and Aurora that type constant battle between the two of them, a fight like that there can only be one winner. That notion haunts me keeps me up at night.