-Chapter 40-

Thalia point of view

It feels like I'm floating in cool water or laying on a cloud totally weightless but it's dark instead of fighting it or struggling I just float starring up at the darkness above me.
Then I hear a voice whispering to me saying my name I squint trying to figure out who it is, it sort of sounds like Charles.

"Charles" I ask out loud.

"You need to come back to us" He says urgently.

A small white light forms in the sky or the top of wherever I am it's really pretty and comforting to look at.

I do? Ok Professor, I use my hands to push up out of the water I fly up to touch the light when I do it feels like something snapped everything turned white. I blink my eyes open and I'm not in that place anymore I'm in the medical room in the mansion with everyone looking down at me.

"There you are" Charles smiles softly.

"Here I am" I whisper bringing my hands up to rub my face.

"Don't scare us like that please" Storm sighs.

I laugh but it turns into a coughing fit then suddenly I'm sitting up with a glass of water being pushed into my hand. Which I down in one go it eases the dryness in my throat I take a couple deep breaths Logan was the one who hauled me up into a sitting position.

"That was unpleasant" I say ducking my head a little.

He laughs nodding his head so do Jean and Storm that's when I noticed the team hovering around behind the X-men.

"When did you guys get here" I ask dumbly.

"Bucky called in" Tony says pushing his sunglasses up on his nose.

"You almost died" Thor states crossing his arms over his chest.

I drop my gaze to the tartan pattern of Logan's shirt unable to look at my friends since their right of course.

"Are the kids okay"? I ask looking over my shoulder at Charles.

"Yes yes their were a little shaken up but otherwise uninjured" He assures.

I sigh out loud relived I remember hearing Rouge's voice before I passed out at the factory.

"And the new kid" I ask as more of a question to all of them.

"Scott is with him now I will check in on them shortly" Charles replies evenly.

"The kid who almost killed you is here? You brought him back to the mansion" Steve demands sharply.

I'm surprised by the sharpness of his voice usually Steve is the calm one of the team I've never seen this side of him.

"Yeah that's kind of what we do here" Logan mutters mirroring Steve's hands on hips pose.

"Come on Tali we've got the tower all cleaned up and ready for you let's go home" Clint holds his hand out to me.

I look at them I'm shocked to see that they are looking at me differently it's a way I don't think I like, fear. I use the tiniest bit of my telepathy to see inside their heads the night my powers went haywire is playing on a loop in their minds, their afraid I'm going to loose control and hurt civilians or them.

I hop off the table much to Logan's dismay I walk up and stand in front of them and I thought the shrapnel in my chest hurt.

"You're afraid" I say looking at each one of them.

They blink their eyes clearly surprised I called them on it but the sad thing is no one is denying it. My friends are scared of me, yep this definitely hurts more than the shrapnel I had in my chest.