-Chapter 46-

Thalia James Point Of View
BANG
I scream out watching horrified as Logan falls to the ground with a bullet in his head I drop to the floor too but he's dead- they killed him! I ball my hands into fists tapping into some of Aurora's power I levitate off the porch, glaring at the cops who just killed my boyfriend for trying to show them he wasn't going to hurt anyone.

"Thalia! Stop this isn't going to help us" Marie begs from where she and Bobby dropped to the floor when the shot went off.

"We don't want to hurt you kid" A female officer cautions Johnny who is standing next to me with his lighter in his hand which is how he gets his fire mutation to work.

"You all those mutants you see on TV? Well we're the worst ones" Johnny starts shooting the fire out in all directions at the cops cars at the police themselves.

I add my own power to the mix tossing the flaming bits of whatever I can get my powers on at the police giving into my rage.

"What" Johnny groans as the flames die out in front of our eyes.

I look down and Marie has a glove off and is siphoning off Johnny's power calming the flames with her other hand ignoring the tears streaming down my face having looked back at the hole in Logan's forehead.

'Don't stop! They killed the man you love and your just gonna let them live'

No I'm not! I snarl back at her in my mind the first time since she's been dormant we agree on something but I don't get to act on it because I feel my powers drained away from my body looking down Marie has her hand on my ankle.

"I'm sorry" She whispers holding until I half collapse back into the side of the house.

Then something amazing happened the bullet falls out of Logan's forehead and the hole heals and his eyes open oh my god he's breathing now too. Then right after that the X-Men jet lands in the street Logan gets up and the kids run to the jet where Jean and Storm are waiting.

"Come on sweetheart we gotta go" Logan says quietly picking me up when my legs don't want to move.

I put my fingers on the tiny line of left over blood on his head heart pounding in my chest he just died right in front of me.

"You scared me" I whisper resting my head on his shoulder.

We get on the jet and this new mutant is sitting in the seat behind Storm he tries to explain who he is but Logan isn't interested I don't blame him it's been a crazy time.

"What about the kids"? Jean wonders powering the jet back up to take off.

"Some got away I don't know about the rest" Logan admits sadly our escape was hectic I'm not sure how the rest of the students made it out.

"We've got to get back to the school" Storm lifts the jet up and we start flying back but unfortunately we don't get very far.

"Unidentified air craft please lower your altitude to twenty thousand feet for the escort to Hans-com base you have ten seconds to comply"

Two fighter jets just appeared out of no where but I'm guessing it's because of the mess Johnny and I made back there at the Drake home.

"This will make things difficult" Storm comments dryly.

"Huh I wonder who's fault that is" Logan growls looking right at Johnny even though I had my part in it too.

"Gotta shake them" Storm grits through her teeth abruptly turning the jet thus tossing Logan into the side of the jet he mutters a couple curses before getting into his own seat quickly buckling the belt.