-Chapter 24-

I'm putting on my navy color suit for whatever crazy reason I'm going on a mission with Natasha. I put my tunic on then my over jacket Tony added Kevlar fibers to my pants after Bulgaria lastly is boots and my belt.

I walk out she's waiting by the door to the Quinjet.

"Where we heading"? I ask putting my bag over my shoulder.

"Europe" She says.

That could mean a lot of things, lots of situations we could be potentially walk into.

"We have any information on what we have to do"? I ask her.

"Not much more than meeting the strike team in Rome" She says getting on the jet.

"Well at least I'll get to see Rome" I sigh sitting in the co pilot seat.

"Be careful ladies" Tony's voice fills the jet.

"We will Tony. You boys stay safe while we're gone" I say while flicking the switches on the control panel.

"We will" Tony says.

Nat closes the com channel.

"Not that I don't want to do this with you but why would Fury pick me not Clint or Steve"? I ask looking over at her.

"I asked if you could go with me" She admits.

Wow didn't see that coming.

I nod and we fly to Rome in silence I keep an eye on the scanners just to be safe since it's only the two of us. We land 3 hours later the strike team is waiting at the airfield we walk off the jet.

"Agent Romanoff" Rumlow nods, he sends me a sympathic glance.

He probably gave the agents who grabbed me tips on my fighting style.

I nod at him.

"What do we have" I ask them.

"Advanced weapons heists have happening here in Rome. We've tracked a buyer to a small town east of here" Rumlow says.

"What kind of weaponry" Nat asks.

"Rocket propelled grenades with on board computers so people can pick a target and lock it in. As well as anti tank land mines, some pretty scary scary computer guided bullets" Blaire says.

"Yeah that's not what Hydra or AIM needs in their arsenal" I say surprised by the stuff that was stolen.

"Lets go" Nat orders.

We drive to the town that Rumlow was talking about.

"Nova"? Rumlow asks.

"Yes"? I ask looking over at him.

"I didn't know they had the inhibitor collar" He says sounding embarrassed.

"It's ok I survived" I say offering him a smile.

"I only gave them tips on how not to get too close during the fight since your powers are really good but close combat you are deadly" He explains following Nat's car in front of ours.

I nod we stop and split up the teams. Rumlow takes two with him four others are with me and Natasha. We check the area looking for signs anyone has been here recently, but we find nothing to suggest people movement.

"How are things with you and Clint" I ask trying to make conversation.

"He's still a little mad about my going to Fury" She says stepping over a small stream.

"He'll get over it don't worry Nat" I say  pushing a branch out of my way.

"I hope so" She sighs.