-Chapter 7-

It's a typical day in the tower, the guys and Natasha are out on a mission so I'm minding the tower.

"Ms James" Jarvis asks.

"Yes Jarvis" I reply stopping mid sweep.

"The team requires assistance down town" He says, actually sounding nervous.

"Put up the coms while I grab my stuff" I order jogging to my room.

"Jarvis did you get her"?

That's Tony.

"I'm here Iron man" I say while putting my suit on.

"Ok, we need your help! The monster down town can multiply Thor has one on 3rd Cap has one- No! Don't go that way" Tony shouts.

"On my way" I say, putting my boots on.

I grab a mic and com device and speed fly until I see the monsters and the guys trying to fight them.

"Where do you want me" I call out.

"Go help Hawkeye he's up to his quiver in these things" Tony says over the coms.

I fly up and look around, where is he? I squint there he is next street over I race down.

"Heard you could use a hand" I floating next to him.

"Yes" He sighs still firing arrows.

I start attacking it trying to see what works. It screams when I hit it with a pulse of energy.

"That's new. None of my arrows have made a dent" Clint yells while dodging one of the monsters attacks.

I wrap the big one in as much nova energy as I can gather and hold it where it is. It lets a loud growl before disintegrating.

"Stark can you modulate your repulsers to match Nova's energy out put" Clint asks over the coms.

"Yeah" Tony huffs.

"The monsters- it hurts them" I say.

"Right" Tony says.

"Come on" I grab Clint and fly him to the others.

I drop Clint on the street and fly up to Tony.

"We got this go check on Widow she can match her gauntlets to your power" Tony says.

"On it" I nod.

I drop down next to Natasha, just in time to get knocked over by a monster arm.

"Nova"! Widow yells.

"I'm good, match your stingers to the energy signature of my power it hurts them" I yell back.

She does it and starts blasting the monsters, truth be told I think I've bruised a few ribs it hurts to breathe. But I can't leave Widow on her own I float back up.

"I'll distract you shoot" I say.

"Good call"

That's what we do, I fly close and get the ugly thing all disoriented so Nat can shoot it. This one goes poof we both breathe a sigh of relief, I take her hand I fly us back to where Tony and Clint are.

"Cap has his handled Hulk too. I'm pretty sure Thor's flatter than a pancake good work everyone" Tony announces.

Thor and Cap show up, then Hulk we get on the jet. I gently touch my ribs ow yep bruised.

"Thalia? You ok" Steve asks.

"I think I bruised some ribs" I say after deciding lying was a bad idea.

I watch the concern bloom in his eyes.

"Which side"? Steve asks.

"Left. I've had bruised ribs before, I know the drill" I tell him carefully sitting down in one of the seats.

"We were lucky to have you help, it would been in a tricky spot" Nat says from the pilot seat.

"I'm glad I could help, I really enjoyed it" I smile at her.

Clint is giving me the 'I can tell you hurt something' look from across the jet. Thor is scrubbing the monster snot off his hammer, thank god not paying attention to the potential debate that was about to happen between Clint, Steve and myself.
Thankfully neither man bring it back up the whole way back to the tower.
I walk in a head of Clint and Steve, right to my room to change.

"You ok" Nat asks through the door.

"Yes, I wanted to change and I really had to use the little girls room" I say back to her.

"I know that feeling" Nat laughs.

I stare at my already light purple ribs. I put on comfy clothes then fuzzy socks, I open my room door and hear yelling from the briefing room.
I sneak down to the door and listen.

"You put a civilian in danger! Seriously Stark that lady had no business being there" A very angry voice yells.

"She saved us"! Tony snaps.

"She is untrained and a danger to the team Stark"! The voice roars.

"I trained her" Widow interjects.

"Doesn't matter agent Romanoff"

"Sir that is a load of crap, like Tony said she saved us today and saved a bank full of people from men with guns" Clint adds vehemently.

"This is an out rage" Thor growls.

I nod at Thor's words, I go back to my room shocked. I'm dangerous to the team? Who does that guy think he is? I was a hero before I came to New York he has no right.
I go down to the training room and set up dummies to take down. I lash out cutting some in half with the light coming from my hands and crush others.
Someone walks in. Without thinking I spin on my toes ready to pulverize whoever is standing there.

"I wouldn't want to be those dummies"

Its Tony.

"Its whoever you guys were talking to in the briefing room" I pant out of breath.

"That would be the leader of Sheild, he's wrong by the way. Thalia he's wrong" Tony insists.

I run my fingers through my hair and stare at him for a long minute.

"Its days like this I wish I was part of the team that way- I don't even know but I wouldn't be feeling like this" I sigh destroying the last couple dummies.

"You don't think he's right do you" Tony asks moving closer.

"No! Of course not" I scoff.

"As far as we're concerned you are part of the team unofficially" He says.

"Thank you Tony"

Tony goes off to his workshop to putter, I go to the kitchen and bake the muffins for Thor and Clint. Once they are done baking I put them away for the morning. I put a post it note on the top saying 'for breakfast don't touch'
I clean up and go to my room, I know the bruises will be a vibrant shade of purple and blue in the morning. It makes me feel good knowing Tony and the others consider me an unofficial member of team.

...