-Chapter 15-

Today is just one of those days where nothing on the mission is going right. Several bombs went off at once sending most of the team flying. Nat and Clint hit the ground hard but recover Thor went down and doesn't move worst of it was Steve he was right on top a bomb when it goes off I hear the blast.

"Status" I demand still blasting Hydra agents.

"Cap and Thor are down. It's bad" Clint says.

Oh god.

"Get them on the jet and take off" I order.

"What no way" Nat objects.

"Yes. You and Clint have to get to a safe distance" I yell into the coms.

"What about you"? Clint asks.

"I'm going to super nova then join you" I say firing more spears of light at the tanks.

"Right" Nat says.

As soon as the jet is airborne I drop down and close my eyes until I feel the heat the I throw my arms to the sides obliterating the tanks I grab Steve's shield. I jump into the air making for the jet, I climb inside.

"How bad" I ask.

"Cap is full of shrapnel, Thor is out cold. Cap is losing a lot of blood" Nat reports.

"Call it in" I say.

Clint does that Nat jumps in the pilot seat, we needed more hands the base was huge. It's been like this lately even with everyone we could have used iron man on this and other recent missions. We race to the hospital in New York, the medical team was waiting for us.

"The Intel say it was a small base" Nat mutters.

"Clearly it was shotty info" Clint snaps back.

Bruce joins us after changing back into himself. We all sit in the waiting room, for hours until finally a doctor comes out to talk to us.

"How are they"? I ask standing up.

"The big guy has a nasty concussion and some broken ribs" He reports.

"Captain Rogers"? I ask.

"He's holding his own but his injuries are severe" The doctor says.

"Thank you Doctor" I sigh.

A nurse tells us we can sit with them thankfully the staff put them in room next to each other. That's what we do Clint checks on Thor Nat and I go to Steve's room.

"Nat tell me how bad is it"? I ask reaching for the bed rail.

"Its bad, but you heard the doctor he's holding his own" Nat says putting her arm around my shoulders.

"Stay with him I have a call to make" I say walking out.

I get back on the jet.

"Jarvis" I ask.

"Yes Ms James"

"Call Tony now"! I say.

"Thalia" Tony asks.

I'm almost in tears both with worry and anger.

"Get to New York" I say my voice breaking.

"What's wrong" He asks.

"Mission went side ways Steve and Thor are in the hospital. So get your iron butt to the hospital" I snap.

"I don't care what happened when I left but this team needs iron man. So get over it and come home" I say.

"On my way" He says.

I end the call and promptly go back to Thor and Steve's rooms. I sit with Steve in the chair next to the bed and I pull my knees to my chest I concentrate on the constant beep of the heart moniter. It tells me he's still breathing still alive.

"Would you like a bed in here for you"  a nurse asks.

I nod, once they do that I lay down on the bed next to his bed. I know Clint and Nat are camped out in Thor's room I'm almost asleep when I hear someone at the door not even thinking I throw a ball of light at it.

"Its me"

Tony.

I put my head down and pull the blanket back up to my shoulders.

"What happened" Tony asks under his breath.

"The Hydra base was much bigger then we thought it would be. Land mines were everywhere they went off Steve was right on top of one" I say drifting back to sleep.

"How is he" Tony asks.

"He'll live" I sigh.

"Thor"? Tony questions.

"Concussion" I mumble.

-the next morning-

I listen for voices but just beeps and whirring of machines. He's still alive.

I hear him stirring he's waking up I get up and perch on the side of his bed.

"Steve? Can you hear me"? I ask grabbing his hand.

He groans again.

"Steve its Thalia" I say.

"Hi" He slurs.

I laugh.

"Hi" I say.

"What happened" He asks.

"You and Thor got blown up but both of you are going to be fine" I say.

"What about Natasha and you and Clint"? He asks.

"Nat and Clint are a little bruised but fine I was flying when it happened" I cringe remember the sound.

"Hey it's ok" He says holding my hand.

"We were so worried. I felt everyone go down only Clint and Nat got back up" I say pulling my knees to my chest.

"You got everyone out of there Thalia you did that" Steve says firmly.

"I went super nova" I say resting my chin on my knees.

"You saved us" Clint says from the door.

Clint and Steve chat.

"Thanks to the super solider serum I heal quickly" Steve says already sounding tired again.

"Rest up man we'll be here" Clint says.

Within a couple minutes his breathing evens out signalling sleep. I wonder if the serum could help me see.

"You've got this look on your face" Clint says.

"If the super solider serum can heal his shrapnel wounds do you think it might be able to fix my eyes" I ask moving back to the bed they gave me.

"Maybe" He says sounding optimistic.

I yawn, my sleep schedule has been thrown off by the blindness.

"Its ok Thalia if your tired I'll wake you up later" He says.

"Thanks" I sigh.

-Thalia dream-

I'm back at the Hydra base except it's already destroyed I can see the bodies of the agents scattered around but then I see something that makes my blood run cold 6 very frimilar bodies I already know their dead. I scream and yell.

-end dream-

I jolt awake breathing hard, my heart hammering in my chest. I hear the steady beep of Steve's heart machine it was a dream.

"It was a dream" I say out loud.

Steve is safe, Thor is safe and all of us are here together.
I lay back down and sigh that finally after so long all 7 of us together again. As well as the tiny chance I could see again we might actually catch a break around here.

...