-Chapter 5-

Its been 3 days since the explosion I wake up before the sun rise, I put my suit on and start sneaking out to the platform.

"Ms James, are you aware of the time" Jarvis inquires.

"Yes I am Jarvis. I have a few things to do today but then I'll come back, if anyone asks I'm fine just running errands" I say quietly since Clint is such a light sleeper.

"Of course Ms James" He says.

I adjust my utility belt one more time before taking off into the early morning twilight. I just fly for a while still feeling like someone is stomping on my heart I twist and float on my back, I end up at the apartment not really meaning to.
Since I'm here I might as well clean out her room and mine as well since I've taken up residence in Avengers tower. Once that's done I have a renewed sense of urgency to find out what really happened at the restaurant so I speed fly to the New York police department I hit the ground with a dust cloud around my boots. I march inside, I hear the whispers 'That's Nova she savedthe bank' and 'She rocks' I smile a little on the inside.

"Can we help you Nova" An officer asks.

"Yes I was wondering if you had any information on the restaurant bombing 3 days ago" I ask putting my hands on my hips.

A solemn expression washes over his face he nods sitting back down at his desk.

"Its early in the investigation so we don't know a whole lot. But what we do know is that is was professional not some pipe bomb. The tech was sophisticated" He starts.

Those words echo in my head 'not a pipe bomb. Professional tech' which means it probably wasn't random.

"Any leads on who made the bomb" I ask the words almost getting caught in my throat.

"We found some finger prints on the shrapnel, we are running them now so far no hits" He sighs.

"Ok, how about the bomb itself was there anything unique about it? Have you seen something similar" I ask switching up my questions.

He clicks things on his keyboard.

"No, this is new to us" He grumbles frustrated.

I sigh sadly, I was hoping for more. Maybe I'll look for my own evidence.

"Thank you for the help" I nod shaking his hand.

"I'm sorry we don't have anything more for you Nova" He adds.

I walk back the way I came in I don't even go back down the steps I take off flying in the direction of the restaurant. I drop down and walk around to the front thankful to still see the police and the detectives doing their thing.

"Nova"? One of the dectective asks.

"Yes, I was just wondering if I could take a look for myself I near by when it happened" I say, technically I was more then near by.

"Of course maybe you'll find something we missed" He insists.

I carefully step inside, the whole room is charred. My chest tightens at the sight, thankfully they cleared out all the poor victims Piper included. I close my eyes and exhale using the energy around to try and find something.
I get a ping in my head I open my eyes and move across the room, something is buried near the wall I bend down to swipe away the dust and soot it's a shard of mangled metal maybe a part of the device. I lay my hand on it trying to get something from it, the explosion plays in my head like a twisted movie. This piece shot off the side when the bomb blew, with some concentration I play the explosion backwards there's something written on the side. But I can't make it out, I put the shard down where I found it then walk out.