-Chapter 37-

Thalia point of view

I blink, the darkness lifted finally I see the inside of the Quinjet which is confusing since the last thing I remember was checking on Bucky in the tower.

"Hey nice of you to join us darlin" That's Bucky.

"What's going on"? I ask squinting at him in the low light on the jet.

"Little vacation" That's Clint.

Ok now I'm even more confused.

With help from Bucky I sit up, the ramp is open now. Definitely not in New York anymore.

"Where are we"? I ask swinging my legs around to stand up.

But Bucky simply lifts into his arms and ignores my affronted look.

"Westchester" Tony says shrugging on his sweater.

Bucky carries me up to very grand building the others trailing behind us.

Why can't I use my powers? I look down at myself stopping at the silver bracelet on my wrist.

"We had to" Bucky says following my gaze to bracelet.

Before I can ask the doors open revealing a teenage boy with spiky brown hair.

"Sargent Barnes"? The boy asks hesitantly.

"Yes sir" Bucky nods.

I look past the boy and see other kids of various ages running around the lobby area.

"Come in, my name is Bobby" He says opening the door wider.

"Where's the Professor" I hear Tony ask.

"In his office waiting for you" Bobby nods towards the stairs.

"Thanks kid" Clint says.

I wrap my arm tighter around Bucky's shoulders as we go up the stairs.

Steve knocks on the door and a couple seconds its opened by a scruffy man in a plaid shirt and leather jacket.
My eyes settle on the bald man in the wheelchair.

"You must be Thalia James" He says softly.

I nod suddenly at a loss for words.

"I'm Charles Xavier" He smiles.

*You can relax here, this is a safe place* I hear his voice in my head.

I blink and smile at him.

"Your a telepath" I say finding my voice again.

He nods.

"As are you" He points out.

"Among other things" I say dejectedly glancing down at the power damping bracelet.

"Be at ease Sargent Barnes, I assure you no harm will come to Thalia while at my school" Charles says to Bucky.

Bucky nods slowly.

"Can you help her"? Steve asks standing next to Bucky.

"I will most certainly try" Charles offers.

Bucky puts me down, I glance at the man who is standing by the bay window arms crossed in a apprehensive stance. I step up to the professor.

"What are your powers"? He asks gently.

I turn to Tony as if silently asking to take the bracelet off, he nods.

I slide the silver band off my hand and like a freight train it all comes back. I step back as the glow envelops me I take a breath it fades away, I shake my head a couple times images of Bucky's dream lingering.