-Chapter 35-

Clint point of view

We land in front of Victor's butt ugly castle. I had to jog after Steve who was off the jet even before the wheels touched down.

"Easy Cap, let's not start something here ok. All we need is Tony and Bruce to get some information on the drug and we're gone" I say holding his shoulder in an attempt to keep him in one place.

I can read the look on his face it's practically yelling; Victor hurt my girl! He has to pay.
Not that either of them will admit they like each other. Out loud any way.

"Avengers. What brings you to my sovereign nation"? Victor asks coyly.

"You know what Victor. Now talk or we tell the United nations security council what you did to an Avenger" Tony says a deadly edge to his voice, if I didn't know him as well as I do I would be freaked.

"Don't test us Doom! You have crossed a line" Thor says, thunder rumbling as if to add weight to his words.

"Relax Asgardian, you as well are encroaching upon a line" Victor says.

"The drug Victor. That's why we're here" I say leveling my knotched arrow with his head.

"I'm sure Dr Banner can figure it out. That is of course Nova hasn't blown off the top of the tower" He sneers.

"What"? Steve demands.

"Jarvis said it was a hallucinogenic specifically targeted for her. Diane said she was going super nova, what is the only reason she would do that"? Tony asks on the coms.

"If she thought she was protecting us" Bruce says.

"Why? Victor this isn't your style" Nat asks aiming her gauntlets at the mad doctor.

"Is there a reversal"? Bruce demands.

Victor merely tilts his head, we could really use Thalia's freaky mind sense power if she wasn't the one all drugged up.

"I will take that as a no" I mutter still aiming the arrow at his face.

"He's messing with us" Steve says his free hand balled into a fist.

"We don't need his words. Surly Tony and Bruce can fix this" Thor says turning his hammer in his hand.

"Lets go" Tony says.

We start to fall back but Tony turns towards Doom. He fires a repulser blast at one of the gargoyles it shatters to dust.

"Feel better"? I ask patting his metal shoulder.

"Yeah" He nods.

I fly the jet as fast as I can without blowing out an engine. After what felt like a longer flight from his castle to the tower I land the Quinjet.

"Jarvis"? I ask looking around.

"Down in the containment room Agent Barton" Jarvis replies.

I take off down the stairs until I nearly trip over Barnes who is standing by the first door.

He simply steps aside, revealing the tear stained face of Diane. She's holding Thalia in her lap gently stroking the hair off her face smoothing it to the side.

"She's been asking for her brother" Diane whispers.

That's me. I trade places with Diane, she simply shuffles back to lean on the wall even though it's scorched.

"I saw them" She says.

I know what that means, she saw Thalia's scars.

I pull Thalia close to me not caring that the only thing on her is a blanket from the living room. The rest of the team stumbles into the room.