Corporation Progress

He woke up feeling cold, and when he opened his eyes, the room was still dark.

Shit.

His mind was foggy, and his body weak. He opened and closed his eyes, still confused as to where he was, when a male voice called him from outside the room. 'Frankie, honey –'

He jumped off from bed, scared out of a sudden, unsure of who that was and how he'd ended up there.

Then, the man came in and it was just Korse.

Was it all a dream? Running away from Battery City and joining Party and the Killjoys, Grace. Finding a home in the middle of nowhere. And now he was back in Korse's apartment. As if he never left that night.

'You had another nightmare?' he asked, sitting next to Frank. 'It's okay, baby. I'm here. It's just the side effects of the pills, okay?' Frank cuddled up in Korse's arms, trying to feel safe. 'It'll get better.'

'Will it?' He was sweating, despite feeling cold.

'Yes.'

Then, Frank leaned in and kissed the older man's cheek. 'Thanks for taking care of me.'

'Absolutely.' He got him tea, and cookies, since it was the only thing he was eating. He knew it'd take days for him to feel better, and for the side effects to disappear, but it was for Frank's best.

It had been a week since Korse took him in, and he started him on he started him on Sterelax right away, after Frank cried all night for Party Poison. 'This is for you own good, okay?' he said when he gave him the first dose, and Frank took it, knowing there really wasn't any other choice, and it'd be better if he forgot about Party and everyone else.

Then came the nightmares, and the nausea and the fever. Frank would stare at the wall for hours, his mind blank, or cry out of nowhere, and Korse was there to help him back to reality. 'You're home, Frank.'

***

Once the side effects wore off, Frank would wake up feeling better and in a good mood.

He joined Korse in the living room, where he was watching the four p.m. news, and hugged him from behind.

'Look who's awake,' Korse said, wrapping his arms around him, and then kissing him.

Frank smiled at the gesture.

'I'm glad to see you so happy.'

'Why wouldn't I be?' The younger man then leaned closer to kiss him again, his hands sneaking under his shirt. 'You give me the best life possible, and you saved me.'

'And I will keep saving you.' Korse left kisses down his jaw and neck, and then whispered in his ear, 'I'd love nothing more than giving you the special Korse treatment, but I gotta go work.'

'I'll miss you.'

'I'll miss you, too.' He started to grab his coat, while Frank sat on the couch. 'I left you some soup on the stove. I'll see you later.'

When he left, Frank got up and served himself soup and a cup of water. He was more than grateful for Korse. He couldn't remember anything from his past, but from what he told him, he used to be a male prostitute living in the slums of the city, and Korse promised to give him a better life. He'd get rid of all the pain and the awful memories and make everything better for Frank.

And Frank loved him for it.

There was no more sadness, no more anxiety. Not when Korse was there to protect him.