Everybody Hide Your Body From the Scarecrow

'What the fuck happened to you?'

Ghoul found a bag of frosted peas in the kitchen, and walked back to the room where Party was waiting for him. Ghoul pressed it against his head, checking on him. 'I'm fine,' the red-haired man said, even though he had a bruised lip and his leg still hurt. 'It's just scratches from falling off the bike.'

'Well, maybe you need to be more careful next time. You scared the shit out of me.'

'I promise I will.' Neither of them said another word for a minute, while Ghoul cleaned off the rest of his wounds. Party knew that he was worried about him, and it was understandable. He was scared too, if he was honest. But living in the zones was never easier, and that was something Party learned a long time ago. 'Frankie, c'mon –' he said, patting the empty side of the mattress, and giving him puppy eyes to convince him to cuddle with him. And Ghoul couldn't say no. He lay next to his husband, who wrapped his arms around him and kiss him, and everything was alright again. 'You know what I really need?' Party Poison said, and Ghoul gave him that look that melted him, already knowing what he was going to say.

Still, he asked. 'What do you need, my love?' And that was why he loved him.

'Right now? I just need you to hold me. And one of those magic blowjobs you're so good at.'

That made Ghoul smile. 'Your wish is my command, sir.' He wrapped him in his arms and cuddled closer, and then kissed his lips. It was already helping. 'Better?'

Party nodded.

'But for real,' Ghoul continued. 'I just hate seeing you hurt. I was worried.'

'I know. But I promise you I'm okay.'

Ghoul buried his face on his partner's neck, and stayed there. 'I don't wanna lose you.'

'You won't.' Party knew he was crying, but he didn't mention it. instead, he just caressed the back of his head, comforting him. 'Don't you know it? You're never getting rid of me.'

'Good,' Ghoul said, his words muffled against his skin.

'I told you. Until the end of time.'

He could feel Ghoul breathing under his arm, already a lot calmer. And that was enough to keep him going. He was scared too.

But he wasn't going to tell him.

He wasn't going to tell him that when they left the center, he saw the dracs coming behind him, and that was when he almost crashed his motorcycle. Or how he had to hide inside an abandoned store because he couldn't even walk, and he thought he was going to bleed to death there. And how he cried, afraid he was never going to see Ghoul again.

No. He didn't want him to worry about him even more than he already was. Party was supposed to be the one taking care of him, not the other way around. He was okay. He'd been doing this all his life. He was their leader. He had to be strong, and he wasn't allowed to cry.

So, he held in the tears.

'We're going to be okay,' he whispered, more to himself than to Ghoul. 'Soon, we're going to run away, and we'll be free.'

***

When Fun Ghoul opened his eyes again, the sun rays were creeping in through what was left of the window, and Party Poison was passed out next to him on the mattress.