Face All the Pain and Take it On

He was back with Fun Ghoul.

Or someone who looked like him.

He looked too skinny and too sad, nothing like the man he loved. He wore the enemy's uniform. His eyes didn't shine anymore. He didn't smile like he used to.

'What did they do to you?' Party said, his hand reaching up to touch his face. When Ghoul flinched, he stepped back. 'I'm sorry.'

But Ghoul didn't move, and Party could his eyes were getting wet. 'Who are you?' he asked, his voice almost a whisper.

'I'm Party Poison,' he replied, his heart breaking as he did.

'I saw you in my dreams.' Ghoul stared at his feet, avoiding him. 'I didn't know who you were, but you were always there, and you had red hair, and you made me feel safe.'

Party didn't know what to say. How to explain their history, and what they did. Clearly, Ghoul was still having trouble remembering things, and Party had no idea what he'd been through. He had so many questions, but he knew it wasn't the right time. 'I came here to take you home, Ghoul.'

'But I'm not Ghoul. I don't know who I am, okay?' he said, almost crying.

Ouch. Party never thought it'd be this hard.

'I'm gonna need some time.' And then, Ghoul was off. He walked away to one of the rooms, while Party stood there, not sure how to react.

***

He was going to be sick.

Frank locked himself in the room, far away from everyone, far away from all the noise. He just needed some quiet.

A moment to take it all in.

So he was Ghoul, or whatever that guy said. Except he didn't remember who he was. He could see Gerard, or Party Poison, or whatever his name was, loved him like no one else had ever loved him. The way he held him in his arms, the way he looked at him.

Frank wanted nothing more than to be that guy.

He wanted nothing more than to be with him.

But he felt empty.

He paced around the room, trying to remember something. He knew there was something in there. He knew there was something. His brain just insisted in forgetting everything he had already remembered.

It was those fucking pills.

And now all the emotions he suppressed this whole time, were back. All at once.

Anger. He was angry at BLI for forcing him to take those stupid pills that made everything worse. Angry at Korse, for lying to him and keeping him hostage. Angry at Gerard for not being there. Angry at himself for being so stupid.

There was also anxiety, and sadness, and a lot of confusion. He knew that he should be happy now that Gerard was back, but he just couldn't –

He just wanted to stop feeling like shit.

He just –

Unable to breathe, he let himself fall on his knees, holding his head. It hurt like hell, feeling like it was about to explode. It was like a thousand voices yelling all at the same time, but he couldn't comprehend any of what they were saying. He saw images, but none of them made sense. The hole in his stomach got bigger and bigger, and he couldn't breathe.

When Bob walked in the room, he found him lying on the floor, in a fetal position, crying. 'You're going to be okay, man,' he said to Frank, trying to help him up, and to the bed.