I'd End My Days With You

They couldn't wait.

There was no point really. It wasn't like they were going to get married officially at the city hall. They didn't want any government documents saying Party Poison, or whatever his real name was, and Fun Ghoul – or Frank – were married, and somewhere miles away from Battery City, giving away their hideout.

So they asked Jet Star to say some words for them, and planned a whole ceremony out of it. They knew they'd be together for the rest of their lives, they just wanted a wedding.

'Tomorrow?!' Jet and Kobra Kid yelled at the same time, while Fun and Party smiled at them, holding hands and jumping in excitement the whole time. 'That's too soon!'

'I know!' Party said. 'But why wait if we know it's going to it's going to happen eventually?'

'You're right, I guess,' Jet replied.

'And we want you to officiate it.'

'Me?!'

'You're the most mature here,' Fun continued. 'And the only smart one.'

'You're not lying.'

Kobra interrupted. 'What about me?'

'You're our best man,' Party said.

'Anyway,' Fun said. 'You could maybe start writing what you're going to say. We'll be upstairs, enjoying our last night as unmarried men.'

'Ew!' the other said, and Fun winked at them as he was dragged upstairs.

***

Fun was coming back to the room after going for a cigarette, and found Party playing with little Gracie in his lap. 'Can you say Dada?' he said, but she ignored him.

And just as he saw Fun coming in, she said it. 'Da – da.'

Fun didn't know whether to cry or scream. She called him Dada! Even Party was crying. 'Did you hear that?!'

'I did,' Party said, smiling big. 'So should I be Pop? Papa? Father?' They both made a disgusted face at that word, and giggled. 'I'm sure she'll figure out.'

'I love you, you know?'

'I know. And you've said it a million times since yesterday. But I don't mind. Because I love you too.'

'I just –' He was nervous as fuck. 'I don't want to ruin this moment, or tomorrow.'

Party just looked at him confused, pulling him closer after leaving Grace on their bed. Fun wrapped his arms around his neck and kissed him. 'Is everything okay? I know that little head of yours likes to go mad sometimes, but I'm here, you know?'

'I know.' There was silence again, and Fun couldn't hold in the tears anymore. 'It's just something I've been thinking about a lot, and I feel like I have to tell you before we get married.' He was sobbing now, and Party started to get worried. 'I like to think my life started the day I found you. I hate my life before and who I was. But when I met you, everything made sense, and I didn't feel broken anymore.'

'You're not broken.'

'That's not the point!' he yelled, and hated himself for it. 'But then, he showed up again, and I found out about –'

'What are you talking about?!'

Fun took a deep breath. 'Korse. You're not the only who slept with him.' He avoided looking at his future husband. He knew he was disappointed. Hell, maybe the wedding was cancelled now. Fun didn't know what to do, so he just turned around and walked to the door, but Party stopped him.

'Don't go.' And he just hugged him. That was exactly what he needed.

Fun stayed there for a while, crying on his shoulder, letting it all out. He still didn't know why Party was still with him, knowing about his past. 'I wasn't mad at you. Well, I was. But I also hated myself because I wasn't honest with you either.'

After a while, they sat on the floor, with their backs leaning on the bed. Party wiped Fun's tears with his thumb and kissed his forehead. He didn't ask any questions, just sat there comforting him.

'One night, he picked me up and took me to his place. I was scared, and tired of sleeping with old creeps like him.'

'You don't need to give me explanations. I know our circumstances are very different. I'm not going to judge you for it. I was just a horny asshole, you did it to survive.'

Fun nodded. 'But still – I can't keep lying to you, or hiding who I was. I want you to know everything.' Party smiled, feeling lucky he had found such adorable man. 'That was the night I first heard about you guys. He was on the phone with someone. I heard something about Killjoys out in the desert. I found out there was something beyond Battery City. There was hope.

I stole a map and some money, and got away as fast as I could. I still had to work my way out of the city until I was free.'

'I'm glad you are.' He leaned closer, looking at those beautiful hazel eyes. They showed so much pain, and yet, they were hopeful. They made Party feel life was full of good things as long as they were together. 'I'm glad we found you, and I'm glad you're in my life. That's all it matters. You, Fun Ghoul, being happy and safe.'

'The thing is – I'm still Frank. As much as I ignore that part of me and that life before you, I'm still me, and I'm still broken. But that makes me who I am. I don't want to hide anymore. I want to be myself. Every single part of me.'

'Fine, Frank.' The name sounded beautiful coming from his lips. 'I love you, Frank. And I love every single part of you. And I hope we get to know each other better.'

'Me too.' They kissed, and cuddled together, Grace sleeping in between them.

****

Fun had found a gray blazer in one of the closets, perfectly kept inside a bag, so there was no dust or any weird smells.

He took a quick shower, and put it on over his long sleeve shirt. And with the help of Grace, he found some flowers outside and turned them into a corsage.

They set a couple chairs by the creek, mainly just for Grace and Kobra, and they waited for Party to show up.

They had no idea what kind of crazy shit he'd come up with, but they knew he'd make a great entrance, classic Party Poison style.

The three men stood by the lake waiting for him to come out while Grace played in the dirt.

And just like expected, he put on a show.

Music started blasting through the boombox, something upbeat and sexy. Just like Party.

And just then, he appeared, his hair a brighter shade of red, and wearing a wedding dress he must have found in the house, but he cut most of it, just over his knees, and splattered paint all over, a mix of blue and orange and green and yellow.

Fun fell even more in love with him as he saw him walk down the aisle, tears running down his face. He knew his days would be much more brighter with Party by his side, and there was nothing to worry about.

When they met at the end of the aisle, they kissed. Jet started the ceremony. 'Killjoys – we gather here to celebrate the union of two people who love each other more than anything.' He clearly was making it up on the go, but they didn't seem to care. 'I still remember the day our dear Fun Ghoul came into our lives. He was weak and delirious, but I knew since the moment he saw this idiot, it was love at first sight.'Fun blushed at that.

'And the idiot in question was even more in love and offered him to heal his wounds and take him with us. The rest is history. And whatever happens, I know they'll live happily ever after.'

Party didn't wait for the rest, just immediately leaned in and kissed Fun passionately, running his hand through his hair, and leaving red dye all over his face. 'You're mine, now.'

'Always.'

'Anyway,' Jet Start continued. 'I now pronounce you man and husband. You may kiss the groom.' But it was already too late, as they were both down each other's throats.

Frank put a ring on Party's finger. 'Until the end of everything,' he said.