14 | hope

(Y/N)'s POV:

A few days later

The whole thing still felt very off, it kept replaying in my mind and whenever I closed my eyes I saw his staring at me.

Yet, I knew I still loved him. Even after what he had done. It was that lingering feeling, the fact I could not dislike him no matter how many times that scene tormented me; that made me think something was not quite right. It was like my instincts new something my brain could not grasp.

I needed a second pair of eyes, I was way too close to all this to think rationally. The only problem was, who could I trust?

Nara would absolutely flip out and move us to the other side of the world, and I was probably not even exaggerating. And Shoto was...

"(L/N)," a stern voice brought me back to my desk with a thud, "Could you please give us the answer to question 3 (c)?" Aizawa was looking right at me, an open book in his hand.

I quickly looked down at my textbook that lay unattended on my desk, how many questions had we moved on?

"Before the bell please," Aizawa yawned and looked at the plain clock hanging on the wall.

"It's-" My eyes scanned the page, my heart racing.

"Answer B, the civilians must be escorted out of the building before you can engage with the villain," Bakugou answered for me, leaning back in his chair, hands resting behind his chair, "The other answers are just stupid."

"Thank you," Aizawa closed his textbook, "Anyways, the bell will go in a second, so pack up, I mean dismissed," he started erasing the notes from the lesson he had written onto the blackboard. Only did I not recognise a word he had written, "Oh and (L/N), stay behind for a minute please."

I nodded, feeling the whole class look at me. Well this was going to come along sooner than later wasn't it?

Kirishima looked at me and gave me a thumbs-up and a goofy smile, also indicating he would wait outside. That put me a little more at ease.

"So, (L/N)," Aizawa leaned against his desk, "I think you know why you're here."

I looked at my shoes, seemingly confirming his suspicion.

"I know you have been through a lot lately," he sighed, "And I'm sorry we let that happen to you," he rubbed his eye, "But don't forget, you are still in school."

I felt my face burn with embarrassment.

"You are here on recommendation, which means someone out there has a lot of hope in your abilities," he crossed his arms, "Abilities which have been outstanding ever since... recently," I could sense a strain in his voice, "You're grades are barely passing and I feel like you're not present in any of my classes. You know we can't have that here."

"I- I understand, sir," I said as firmly as I could, "I'm just in a different place right now," I paused, "But I ensure you I'll try my best to get back on track as soon as possible."

"Very well," he stood up, "That's good to hear, you may join your classmates at lunch now."

I nodded and thanked him for his concern, turning to leave.

"Wait," he crossed his arms, "Forgive me for asking, but did something else happen that day? Something you failed to tell the police officer?" he raised an eyebrow.

This was my chance, I had to tell him. Aizawa Sensei was a good man, a good hero, I'm sure it would have undone my mistake not being honest in the first place. Yet, what I said next would become something I grew to regret: "No, sir, everything is alright."