06 | memories

(Y/N)'s POV:

I glazed out the window. The many houses were speeding past us. Shouto was on his phone and kept on cursing under his breath.

"Something up?" I looked up.

"It's nothing, just my father." Shouto sighed, "The bright side is, that he'll be off on a mission by the start of the week." he smiled to himself.

I yawned and lent against his shoulder and he took my hand. My boyfriend? I needed to get used calling him that. That aside, I was scared to visit them again. I really wanted to, but something just scared me. I couldn't tell you what. The train screeched and stopped, the old train-station, just thinking about all the times I'd been here with them almost brought me to tears. I didn't let go Shouto's hand. Looking around, I realised nothing had changed much since I was a kid.

"This way." I mumbled.

There it was, the cafe. Where it all happened. Where I lost it all. I stopped walking and stared at the shop.

Memories came flooding back.

Miriko and I were sitting next to each other in that exact corner. Our mum and dad were sipping their coffee. Since it was Miriko's and my birthday, our parents brought us out for lunch. Then the small bell just above the door tingled, not giving it much thought, I continued to sip my hot chocolate. A rough voice pierced the air, making me and my family turn our heads. A villain dressed in full black was standing in doorframe. He stretched out his hand towards the person behind the counter and shot off some kind of metal spikes. The lady screamed and dropped to the floor. Two other customers bolted out the door, but by the time we had got there, the villain was blocking our way.

"MIRIKO, (Y/N)! UNDER THE TABLE! DON'T DARE COME OUT UNTIL WE SAY SO!" mum screamed and activated her quirk.

She and dad stood protectively before us. Miriko wrapped his arms around me and pulled me under the table. He put his hands over my ears and hugged me tightly and I started to cry. Even through his hands I heard my mother scream and my dad shout. Then he screamed and it was silent, too silent. The slight view we had from under that table was more than enough.

"M-Miriko?" I whispered.

"(Y/N), it'll be alright." he way crying too. Seeing him cry made me even more scared. Miriko had always been my brave brother and I don't think I'd ever seen him cry before. We both screamed as the table was picked up and thrown against the wall and villain grabbed my arm and tugged me out of Miriko's arms. I screamed and tried to get out of his grasp, but it was no use. His fingers turned into blades and cut into my wrist. I screamed in pain. Then I saw something that made the pain instantly disappear.

My mum and dad were lying in a pool of blood.

Their hands just inches apart as if they had made a last attempt to hold each other.

Dead.

"LEAVE HER ALONE!" Miriko created a burst of wind.

The villain let down his guard for a split second and I punched him in the face with my fist in flames. I darted back to my brother, panting slightly with thick tears streaming down my cheeks.

"STUPID GIRL!" the villain shouted, clutching his burned face with one hand and pointing his other right at my chest, firing off more metal spikes.

"NO!" Miriko jumped in front of me and wrapped his arms around me.

Then he became heavy. I kneeled down, my brother in my arms. His blood stained my hands and my dress a deep red.

"M-Miriko!" I sobbed.