01 | a new beginning

(Y/N)'s POV:

I was running down the corridor.

Jeez, my first day and of course I'm late. I'd come late to my own funeral.

One more turn and I was standing in front of the classroom with the unmistakable, huge 1-A on the ginormous door.

I opened the door and stepped in, instantly feeling dozens of eyes on me.

"H-Hello. I'm (L/N) (Y/N). I'm sorry I'm late!" I was out of breath and stitch was piercing my side.

The teacher looked up.

"Welcome to the U.A. Class, this is the transfer student I was just telling you about. I'm Aizawa." he said in an almost bored voice.

The class started whispering.

"Silence! (L/N), why don't you introduce yourself." he tilted his head slightly.

"My name's (L/N) (Y/N)... just call me (Y/N). I've just transferred here from one of the small districts at the edge of town. Nice to meet you, I guess." I smiled slightly and looked through the class 1-A. Most of the students smiled back at me. Everyone accept a blond guy, who looked like he wanted to commit murder and a boy with two different hair and eye colours, who just stared out the window. Rude?

"Mind explaining your quirk? Looks like you got here on recommendation." Aizawa looked at a piece of paper in front of him, I expected it to my file.

"M-my quirk? Yeah, sure I can." I cleared my throat. It had been a while since I talked about my quirk. "I can control both fire and ice with any part of my body. If I want, I can also create water by combining the two." I shrugged.

The class gave a mixture of surprised whispering and skeptical muttering. Great.

I looked back at the boy with the two hair colours. He was staring at me with an almost shocked expression. Was it something I said?

"Alright, take a seat please. We were just discussing the upcoming project." Aizawa shuffled around with some paper, whilst I took the free seat right in front of the two hair coloured boy. I couldn't help but feeling him stare at me.

"As I was saying, you will be paired into groups of two to complete a training schedule for the U.S.J training sessions." Aizawa explained. "But before we do anything, I'd like you to write a short essay about your quirk and everything you know about it." whilst speaking, he rolled out a yellow sleeping bag and zipped it up until only his face was visible. "You have until lunch." he yawned and then fell to the side.

Was this guy for real?

I turned around to the girl sitting in the seat next to me.

She had short, brown hair and a friendly expression on her face.

"Hey!" I smiled and unpacked my pencil case.

She smiled back. "Hi! I'm Uraraka Ochaco. Nice to meet you." She looked over to Aizawa, who was sound asleep. "Yeah, this is normal, don't worry." she giggled.

I laughed slightly. "I figured. I hope you don't mind me asking, but what's that guys deal?" I gestured to the boy sitting behind me. I didn't have to lower my voice, since the whole class was chatting away peacefully. Well that being said, almost the whole class. Mr. Blondie-that-obiously-has-anger-management-issues was giving a boy with green hair a hard time.

"Todoroki? He's a quiet one. Keeps to himself you see." Uraraka sighed. "You're probably wondering what that expression was all about."

I nodded.

"Well, your quirks are very alike. See how he's got the two-hair-colour and two-eye-coulour thing? From his right side, he can create ice. From his left, fire." she paused. "Even though he's got this habit only using his right side." she shrugged.

"Yeah, our quirks are similar..." I said thoughtfully. "I wonder who's stronger?" I muttered.

"And who's that?" I gestured towards Mr. Blondie-that-obiously-has-anger-management-issues, who wasn't leaving the green haired boy alone.

"That's our very own Bakugo." Uraraka sighed again.

"No more to be said there." I rolled my eyes.

"Sorry to leave this conversation like this but I think we should start writing... how 'bout you join us for lunch. We can tell you as much as you want to know then." She smiled.

"I'd love that." I grinned and turned to my blank paper.

My smile fell.

I hate talking about my quirk. Let alone writing an essay about it.

I rested my head onto my hands.

Yeah sure my quirk is powerful and all. I inherited it form mother-

Damn it. I shouldn't think of them. I can't think of them right now. I have to write this though.

Two measly written pages was all I could do.

It's just all the memories that come up whilst talking about it. But so you can understand why, I'll explain.

My mother had the same quirk I do. She could create fire and ice, at will even water. The only difference our quirks have, is that she could only produce her elements from her hands. My father on the other hand, could manipulate earth and air. My twin brother inherited his quirk. They're quirks differenced in the same way ours did.

Miriko would probably been stronger than me by now.

Maybe you would have been. Perhaps you would be sitting in this classroom. Writing this essay. Miriko. Why was it you? Why not me instead?

Lost in my thoughts I didn't realize my eyes where filling with tears.

Shoot. Come on. Why? You're in class for god's sake, (Y/N)!

I sat upright.

Most of the class had already left.

Just me, Uraraka, the boy with the green hair, Mr. Blondie-that-obiously-has-anger-management-issues, I mean Bakugo and Todoroki remained.

Soon enough, I turned my sheet in too. Closely followed by Uraraka.

Together we made our way to the cafeteria. Now I got to know the rest of my class. I was happy. They all seemed nice and funny.

Even Bakugo came and introduced himself.

"What are you smirking at, Deku?" he growled at the green haired boy, I knew as Midorya Izuku, making him flinch.

"Give him a break, would you?" I sighed.

Bakugo rolled his eyes and sat down at one of the other tables.

Midorya smiled at me thankfully.

The only one who didn't come and introduce themselves was Todoroki, who sat alone.

Something was up with this boy and something inside me told I had to find out what.