05 | when you're here

(Y/N)'s POV:

I was sure Shouto wasn't the type to have feelings for someone and that he saw me as a friend. Which was okay, my love life had never really functioned in my favour.

But he was the only thing on my mind.

When I was on the bus and saw him come towards me, a tingling feeling spread out in my stomach and my heart would accelerate. When I was around him I felt comfortable and on the rare occasion that we'd hug, I never wanted him to let go.

Even though we were 'just friends', I was happy to have him in my life.

That aside U.A had just finished hosting their famous tournament. I'd come in 10th and was fine with that. One wouldn't say I played to win.

Nevertheless life at U.A continued.

Shouto's POV:

I was exhausted. The rainy weather didn't exactly help. For a few days now I'd been feeling a bit off. I went to the bathroom and looked at myself in the mirror. Using my left side had become a normality, but I still felt bad for not listening to (Y/N), since she'd tried to tell me all the time. I looked at my left hand, then at my scar. The friendly reminder of how terrible my childhood was, the friendly reminder of how my mother went insane. I planned to go visit her this weekend. I had so much I needed to tell her. So much I needed to ask. So much I needed to apologise for.

"SHOUTO!" my bastard of a father shouted.

I rolled my eyes and left the bathroom only to find him in the entrance.

"Internships. You're coming with me of course," he crossed his arms.

"Whatever," I spat and turned to leave.

"And I sent an invite to that girl. The one with the similar quirk than you."

I stopped dead in my tracks.

"Don't drag (Y/N) into this... Just because I've got to be stuck with you, doesn't mean she has to be," I growled.

"You misunderstand me. I just want her as an intern to see what you're up against. She's been using her fire all the time and might even be better than you. Which I highly doubt," he crossed his arms, "I had a background check done on her. A little orphan living with her cousin. Totally worthless, but I can't take any risks, can I?"

I felt anger rise in my whole body, "(Y/N)'s family died courageously during a villain heist." I tried to keep myself calm, "Don't you dare call her worthless... you old man," I clenched my fist in my pocket.

"Stupid brat. You think I'd listen to your opinion. All I want you to do is train harder," he grabbed the hem of my shirt and pulled me up, "And harder," he spat and threw me to the floor.

"N-no. Leave (Y/N) alone," I pulled myself up.

"As I said" he cleared his throat, "I can't take any risks. Now I want you in the training hall in ten minutes."

I wasn't listening. I slipped on my shoes and ran out into the rain. Anywhere's better than here and I had to warn (Y/N) not to accept the intern. Something just felt off. I called her number.

"Shouto? What's-"

"(Y/N). I hope you don't mind me asking, but what's your address?" I asked.

Slightly taken aback, she told me.

"Is it alright if I come over? It's important." I set off at a run.

"Yes of course! Is everything alright?"

"I'll explain when I get there. Thank you so much."