16 | summer training camp

(Y/N)'s POV:

The Summer Training Camp was just around the corner and the entire hero course was bustling with excitement.

After what happened at the USJ, many thought they would postpone or even cancel the even, but the teachers ensured us they had taken all the necessary measures, even changing the location that was a secret.

Meanwhile, huddled together around my dining table, Bakugo, Kirishima and I were looking into reports about Shoto's oldest brother. There were only a few pictures of him online. He was tall and had crimson red hair that stood up in spikes with uneven bangs, his eyes were a brilliant turquoise that, just like Shoto's left eye.

"You guys ready for this camp?" Kirishima put his hands behind his head, leaning back into the chair, "All this computer stuff is making my head hurt! I could use some fresh air right now!"

"Eh," Bakugo was on his phone, "I don't care."

Kirishima shook his head, "Of course you don't."

I could not help a giggle.

About a week later 

Shoto's POV:

They were getting everything ready to ambush the Summer Training Camp that evening. It was really warm, I was sweating slightly under the black cloak Touya had given me.

My brother had changed, that was for sure. I was deep in my thoughts as I pulled on my boots. He had changed, changed to a point of no return. I felt dizzy when I thought of all the things he had done, all the lives he had taken.

"Shoto!" I heard him call from downstairs.

Fixing my collar and taking a deep breath I followed his voice.

No, my brother had not changed. He was dead. This was not him.

I caught my reflection in the mirror as I passed, was I about to follow that same fate?

(Y/N)'s POV:

We had arrived at the camp, it was in the middle of the woods somewhere. I did not mind it at all, I wanted to finally have some fun with my classmates. Yet, Shoto's absence was almost more obvious than usual.

I kept thinking, what would he say if he saw this, what would he reply to that.

The first evening we were going to do a run through the forest with a partner, whilst class 1-B hid in the trees to scare us, a test of courage.

"Kaminari, Kirishima, Sero, Ashido and Sato," Aizawa approached us as we wre getting ready, "You five, with me. You have some extra lessons to catch up on."

Kaminari groaned, "What, really?"

"Aw man," Kirishima looked over to Bakugo and me, "I'll see you guys later then, be manly for me, eh?"

I nodded, waving goodbye to them.

We were split up into teams of two and I was paired with Bakugo. I grinned slightly, wondering if he would get scared.

"What?" he huffed.

I shrugged, grinning I started walking into the forest. He followed me, hands in his pockets.

Usually, I did not mind forests, even at night, especially when I was with someone else; but that night, I could not help being really aware of my surroundings. Not that I was scared, which Bakugo implied, but I just had the feeling I should be looking over my shoulder.