7. los angeles

March 9, 2018

The city lights were so pretty at night. I had never seen Los Angeles like this before and I was loving every minute of it. Charlie led me through the city, his hand latched onto mine. I'm guessing he really liked holding my hand because he never stops.

"Where are we going?" I laughed as he kept pulling my arm.

"My favorite place in Los Angeles. My mom used to take me here all the time when I was a kid," He said smiling.

We got back to his car and drove for what seemed like hours. We spent the morning souvenir shopping and walking around. This is what he said the surprise was. He gripped the steering wheel as if he was nervous. I don't know what he could be nervous about. Charlie is the most confident person i've ever met. He has no shame to say what's on his mind and do what he loves. And I respected that. As we pulled up, my eyes went wide.

"Disneyland?" I asked staring out the window.

"I thought it was the best place for a second date," He said as he parked the car.

I jumped out of the car and ran to the front. I was too excited to even wait for him to get out. No one has ever taken me to Disneyland before, not even my parents. I was so excited to see what the hype was all about.

"Hurry up slowpoke," I yelled as he got closer.

"Well, maybe if you had waited for me we could already be inside," He smirked.

"I'm too excited to wait, baby boy," I said smiling.

Excitement ran through my veins and I could feel the adrenaline pumping already. I was definitely going to make him ride every single ride with me and he couldn't even complain about it. He finally caught up to where I was and I took his hand, leading him inside.

We went through the little checkpoints and finally got into the park. The lights twinkled in the night and I was in awe.

"You've never been huh?" He asked as I continued to stare at everything.

"Nope," I said smiling.

We finally started on every ride we could think of that had the shortest line. The adrenaline was pumping and I was so damn excited. Nothing like this has ever happened to me in my entire life. It was such a surreal moment.

I definitely think I have been smiling more than ever tonight. Whenever i'm with Charlie, things are okay. Everything going on in my personal life stops for a moment and I focus on the now. I'm not stressing about college applications or finals or even graduation. I'm thinking about me.

More rides we went on, the more happy I felt. The lights sparkled in the nighttime and it was something I had never seen before. I definitely needed to come to Los Angeles more. We stopped at a few of the foods trucks and got us a quick snack before venturing on the next ride. Maybe that wasn't the best idea because i'm definitely not trying to throw up on any rides.

"Come look at this," He said as he pulled me off into a different direction.

Groups of people were all gathered around the big castle. I wonder if there was a show or something that was going on. As soon as we got near the groups, we stopped. I looked at Charlie confused but he motioned to keep looking at the castle. I was still very much confused, but i obliged.