10.

April 25, 2018

"Ari!" I yelled from my room. "Have you seen my notebook?"

"Nope," She said as she walked into the room.

"I can't find it. It's the one with everything about the plan. The one that I got out of," I said, freaking out.

"I don't know, maybe it's for the best that you lost it," She said, smirking.

"Ari!" I yelled. "This is not good! What if someone finds it," I said, destroying my room to find it.

Without another word, she left. I was freaking out so much, I did not want Charlie to find out my original intentions. I had fallen so hard for Charlie that everything in that notebook was not real anymore.

I sighed, trying to forget I lost the notebook. I was going to be late for school so I needed to leave now. I grabbed all my things and ran out of the house, totally forgetting I was supposed to take Ari.

I sped down the road, hoping I'd make it before the first bell rang. And that's exactly what I did. Quickly putting the car in park and turning it off, I ran into the school hoping I'd make it in time. It wasn't until I ran into a body that I was actually late.

"Woah, Sunshine," Charlie said as he held my arms so I wouldn't fall.

"Hey, Charlie," I smiled. "I'm really late,"

"Go on, can't have my girl late," He said as he placed a kiss on my lips and smiled.

I hugged him tight before I started running again. I swear I was going to die if I kept running like this. Mrs. Harper's class seemed like 100 miles away and I was starting to pant. I finally made it as she was calling roll and sat down at my desk.

"Where the hell have you been?" I asked Ryder in the seat next to me.

"I had some family issues to deal with," He said, not explaining anymore.

"Is everything okay?" I asked.

He nodded, not saying anything else. That was weird. He was normally more talkative than this. I wonder what crawled up his ass and died this morning.

I shook my head and grabbed my notebook out of my backpack. My eyes widen as I saw the notebook. Project Heartbreak was written in big letters. Who the hell put this in my backpack? I know for a fact I did not.

I pushed it aside and grabbed the next notebook, but it also had the big letters on it. What the fuck was going on? How did these notebooks get in my backpack? Why were there two of them?

I quickly grabbed my bag and ran out of the classroom. My head started spinning and I felt very anxious. Maybe it was just a coincidence, but why were there two?

I sprinted to my car as my legs began to feel like jelly. My breathing was heavy and I felt as if I was dying. Maybe I was overreacting. Maybe I put them in there without thinking. That's when my phone dinged.

'Better hold onto Charlie as much as you can, he'll find out sooner or later,'

My eyes went wide, am I going crazy? Ari is the only one who knows about the plan so it's definitely not her. Plus I have her number and this one is in fact not her.

I started my car and began to back out when a hand slapped my window. I screamed from the anxiety that was building up inside my body.

"Mila, it's just me," Charlie said as my window was rolled down.

"Sorry, I'm just a little jumpy today," I said as I gave him a half-hearted smile.

"Why are you leaving?" He asked, cocking his head to the side.