19. the end

August 15, 2023

Sometimes things don't always go your way. Like the universe is out to get you or something. For me it was always like that. Until I met Charlie. He was like the sunshine I needed in my life to keep me on the right track of happiness. He's taught me self love and the empowerment that comes with it.

I never pictured myself with Charlie. Never in a million years. He was the most arrogant person I had ever met. Then I got to know the real Charlie and realized how much of an amazing guy he is. He is so selfless and so deserving of the whole world.

The house was quiet, something it hadn't been since I had Charlotte. It was so peaceful. Soft music played in the kitchen as I cooked dinner for Charlie and I. The aroma from the food was so strong. It filled my nose and my stomach began to grumble with hunger.

"Baby," He said as he wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Hi, honey," I said as I continued to cook.

"Charlotte's asleep," He whispered in my ear.

"Oh yea?" I ask as I turned the stove off and turned around to face him. "What should we do then?"

"Maybe we could finally have some alone time," He said as he kissed my neck.

"You think so?" I smiled against his lips.

"How bout I take you upstairs?" He smiled at me and lifted me up bridal style.

"But I made us dinner," I chuckled.

"We can heat it up later, baby," He said walking up the stairs into our room.

I nodded at him as we playfully threw my on the bed. My head hit the pillow which made me giggle even harder. I rested my head onto the pillow comfortably as he crawled up my body, leaving a trail of kisses on his way up.

"You're going to need to be quiet for me baby," He whispered as he kissed my neck. I moaned in response to his words. It was hot when he spoke like this.

His lips were so gentle on my neck. My head rolled back in pleasure as he continued to kiss. No matter how many times I kissed Charlie, it always felt like the first time. He made me feel as if I was the only girl in the world and continues to show me everyday.

His hands roamed around my body finding the perfect place to rest. Our lips tangled on each other's with so much hunger like we couldn't get enough of each other. Five years later and it still felt like we had just met.

"Charlie," I gasped as his lips hit my stomach.

"Yes baby?" He said against my skin.

As I was about to say something, the baby monitor interrupted us. I sighed as Charlie plopped down next to me. I ran my hands over my face and pulled the covers off me.

"I'll go get her," I said as I began to get up.

"I got her tonight baby," He said kissing my cheek. "Wait up for me,"

He shot me a wink before heading to Charlotte's room. I sat myself down back onto the bed and pulled the covers up to my face. I had Charlotte about a year ago and we can never seem to have a moment alone like this.

Actually, I lied. We've had sex maybe twice since she was born and I was dying. I love her to death but I was really just trying to fuck my husband. I grabbed my phone from my nightstand to see a text from Ari.

'Hey sis, I hope you're doing well. We all miss you at home. We can't wait to meet Charlotte one day. I'm sorry for everything happened and hope you forgive me soon. I love you so much'

I haven't spoke to my sister since Charlie's party, five years ago. It may sound petty but what she did was unforgivable. I loved my sister so much but I don't think I could ever forgive her for what she put Charlie and I through.

She tried to excuse her actions by telling me that she was in love with Charlie and I understood that. Don't get me wrong, I did. But, she knew everything Charlie and I had been through and decided to hurt me in the process.

"Is she asleep?" I asked as the door began to open.

He walked in the room with Charlotte in his hands.

"She kept saying your name, thought you want to cuddle her to sleep," He said as he handed her to me.

I smiled at Charlie and grabbed her from him. I stared at the little girl in my arms and couldn't believe we made such a beautiful child.

"I can't believe we did this," I said as he cuddled into my side.

"She looks like me huh?" He asked as I scoffed.

"You wish," I joked as he kissed my head.

-
"Mila!" Owen said as he walked into the house.

"Hey, ow," I said as he hugged me.

"And there's my favorite girl!" He exclaimed picking up Charlotte.

"Uncle Owen!" She yelled as he flipped her over.

This was the life I had always wanted. The man of my dreams, the perfect daughter, and the perfect friends. Life honestly couldn't get any better than this.

"Hello my lovely lady," Charlie said kissing my cheek as we watched Owen play with Charlotte.

"I think she likes him more than us," I said laughing.

"You think so?" He asked, putting an arm around my waist.

"Definitely. But I know she'll have some great men in her life to protect her," I said leaning into Charlie's side.

"That she does,"

This is my family. The thing I worked so hard for and I wouldn't trade any of it for the world because they are my world. Nothing could ever come close to what I had now. And I was truly content with that.

Thank you project heartbreak for bringing me my person.

-
AHHHHHH. last chapter and i cried writing this. i'm so thankful for you guys and all the love you've shown this story. I know it was short and i apologize for that but i gave it my all. Be on the look out for any new stories I put out. I might even update fanfiction soon, i know i'm slacking there right now. i love you guys :)
- jasmine