18

"Mila!" I heard him from behind me.

I didn't say anything, I just kept walking. I didn't know what to say to him or if I even wanted to say anything. My head was spinning as my thoughts engulfed me.

"Mila, please," He begged.

I stopped in my tracks and turned around, facing a crying Charlie. His face was red from how much he had been crying and his hair was a mess. He looked out of breath like he had been running.

"Please, let me explain," He begged.

"You have one minute," I said, crossing my arms.

"Mila, there's not much I can say in one minute to make you believe me but I'll start by saying; I'm in love with you. I knew from the minute we had our first date that I only wanted to be with you. I never said any of those things in the video. When that video was taken, I wasn't talking about you. I was talking about Ari. I feel so bad that I even thought about using your sister like that, but that's not me anymore!" He exclaimed as my eyes went wide.

"You were going to use Ari?" I asked as he nodded his head. "What were your intentions when we first started hanging out?"

"I didn't want to use you. I wanted to actually get to know you and build something with you. And that's what we did," He said.

"And you didn't think once about using me?"

"No," He said as he shook his head.

"Stop lying!" I exclaimed, running my hands through my hair.

"Mila, I'm not lying," He said grabbing my hands. "I saw something in you that I've never seen in anyone else. You saw something in me no one has even bothered to see. You made me realize that it isn't all about dating a bunch of girls and just using them. I want to be with you, Mila,"

I couldn't speak. Tears fell from my eyes as Charlie pulled me into his chest. I cried with everything in me. Everything was so confusing at this point, I didn't know what to believe.

"How did they get my name on the video?" I ask, confused on how it was about Ari when he said my name.

"They must have taken a video of me saying your name and edited it in," He said running my arms.

"I don't know what to believe anymore," I said shaking my head.

"I will do whatever it takes to gain your trust back, Mila," He said looking at me intently. "I'm in love with you,"

I nodded my head, took his hands off me, and walked away. Without another word, I just left.

"Where are you going?" He shouted after me.

"I don't know," I replied not looking back.

I didn't know where I was going, but I just needed to go. Whenever the worst possible things could happen to me I run. I never know where to, but I run. My feet carried me wherever they wanted to and I didn't object.

Charlie has hurt me for a second time and I don't even know if I wanted to believe him. Yes, Ari is perfectly capable of editing my name over hers, but why? She already got her way. She can have him.

My phone kept ringing nonstop in my pocket and I couldn't ignore it anymore. I grabbed it out of my pocket and quickly answered it.

"Hello?" I said.

I didn't look at the caller id so I have no idea who it is.

"Mila, it's me," Ari said.

"What do you want?" I asked cruelly.