11.

May 10, 2018

The last day of school was something I was looking forwards to all year. Graduation was 2 weeks away and the seniors were finally done today. Was I sad that I was done with high school? Definitely. I was going to miss seeing the teachers I loved so dearly every day. I was going to miss seeing Ryder every day even though he is my next-door neighbor.

"Last day of classes, Sunshine," Charlie smiled as he wrapped an arm around my shoulder.

"I know, it's kind of sad," I said as he chuckled.

"Sad? This is like newfound freedom," He said as we walked to my locker.

"Yeah, I guess so. It's just gonna be weird not coming here every day," I said as we stopped.

"That's true. But it's also going to be nice not to have to wake up early until college," He smiled, wide as ever.

"Do you know where you're going?" I asked as I grabbed my books from my locker.

"Probably Berkley or USC, I don't know yet. You?"

"I'm going to USC actually," I said as his face lit up.

"Wait, seriously?" He asked as the excitement ran over his face.

"Yeah, I got accepted in October," I smiled as he picked me up and spun me around.

"That's awesome, Sunshine!" He yelled as I giggled.

"Charlie put me down," I said laughing.

He set me down and placed a soft kiss on my lips. His face was filled with our joy and I wish he was that happy with himself. I grabbed my things and we made our way to his locker. When we got to his locker, my eyes widen and my heart dropped to my stomach. My notebook pages were taped to his locker as well as the logs I made after each date.

His eyebrows furrowed when he saw them and quickly went to grab one. My stomach twisted knowing there was no way I could get out of this. He was going to find out. He was going to leave me. Tears began to form in my eyes as I watched him read it.

"What is this?" He asked obviously angry.

"I-I don't know," I said, trying to play dumb.

"Mila, don't lie to me. We've never lied to each other before," He said as I stayed quiet.

"Rule #1 no sex, ever," He said as he began to read through it. "Rule #2 no meeting parents, you'll get attached. Rule #3 go to every gig his band plays. Rule #4 don't fall for Charlie Gillespie?"

I could feel my heart start to break piece by piece. There were tears in his eyes as well and I knew what was about to happen. My logs were the next ones he picked up. I could hear my heart beating out of my chest.

"I had my first date with Charlie tonight," He read aloud. "Besides him being his arrogant self, it was okay,"

I couldn't say anything, I was mute. I had no words for everything he was reading right now. I could tell his heart was breaking just by the look on his face.

"Is this what you think of me?" He said as he continued to read.

"No, Charlie. I swear," I said as my breathing became faltered.