15.

Sometimes the people you're closest with will be the ones who end up hurting you. Knowing Ari may have lied about Charlie confuses the hell out of me. I don't know a reason for her to even lie about it. I didn't even like Charlie at the time. Actually, I despised him then. Like absolutely hated him. Oh how the tables have turned.

"So you're saying she lied about me trying to sleep with her?" He asked, confused.

"Yep," I said, as a state of realization came over my face.

"Why would she do that?" He asked.

"I wish I knew Charlie," I said.

"She was trying to break us up," He said as he put his hands in his head.

"But, she wasn't the one who put those papers on your locker," I said.

"Wasnt she the only person who had access to it? She must have given them to someone,"

"Ryder," I said, eyes widening.

"Ryder? What does he have to do with this?" He asked, sitting up.

"After you ran off, he told me he put them on there. Ari must have given them to him to break us up and that's when he put them on your locker," I said running a hand through my hair.

"I don't understand why they would do that," He said looking at me.

"I don't know either,"

"Mila," He said, cupping a hand on my cheek. "I want you to know that I believe you,"

"You believe me?" I asked, eyebrow cocking.

"I know you. You would never deliberately hurt someone unless put up to it. I could see in your face you had actual feelings for me. I did too," He said as a small smile came on my face.

"Had?" I asked, heart dropping.

"I don't know, we've spent some time apart. A lord been going through my mind. But, I know I do still love you," He said as his thumb began gently stroking my cheek.

"What does this mean for us?" I ask looking everywhere but him.

"Well, I guess I have to ask the question don't i?" He said making me smile brighter.

With no answer, I threw my lips on his. I never knew how much I missed kissing someone until I was with Charlie. The feeling of his lips and the taste with something short of euphoric. His hands took no time going to my waist, pulling me as close as possible.

"So i'm guessing you already know the answer," I smiled against his lips.

Whatever Ari did, didn't matter anymore. I was here, with Charlie, and happy. Happier than ive felt over the past two months. Nothing in the world could stop me in this moment. Nothing.

-
"Ari," I shouted as I walked up the stairs.

"What's up?" She asked. "Why are you so smiley?"

"Charlie and I got back together," I said as her face fell.

"Oh, that's great Mila," She said, sporting a fake smile.

"So, no more crashing his birthday party," I said sitting on her bed. "We both got invited,"

"He invited me?" She asked.

"Yeah, why wouldn't he?" I asked giving her a weird look.

"I mean what happened when we went on our date," She said as I rolled my eyes.

"Ari, it's fine. He's past it," I said, trying not to let her know that I knew.

"Okay," She said hesitantly.

I smiled at her and made my way back downstairs to the kitchen where Charlie was. Him and my father were having a conversation about God knows what, but I could tell Charlie was having a good time.

"I hope you're talking good about me," I joked as I approached the island.

"Oh no. We were talking about your embarrassing childhood stories," amy father said as my eyes widen.

"Dad, you didn't tell him did you?" I asked as he nodded his head.

"That you were a stalker in middle school?" Charlie laughed.

"I was no stalker," I said. "When I was 11 or 12, if I had a crush on someone, I would go find their parents in the phone book, look up the phone number on the white pages website, and find their address. Then, in an attempt to impress them, I would repeat back to them their parents' names, home phone number, and address.,"

"See: stalker," Charlie said nudging me.

"You're lucky I didn't have a crush on you in middle school," I said winking at him.

"Oh, you probably did," He chuckled as I shook my head.

"Anyways, i'm off to work. Got a late night ahead of me," My father said before hugging me goodbye. "Good to see you again, Charlie!"

"You too, Mr. Rose!" Charlie said as my dad left.

"I think he likes you," I said wrapping my arms around his neck.

"You think so?" He asked in a flirty tone.

"Maybe a little bit," I said inching towards his lips. "Not as much as I do though,"

"Hm, so it's just like now," He said cocking an eyebrow.

"Oh yeah," I said smiling mischievously at him.

"What do I gotta do to make you love me again," He asked.

"I don't know. Maybe kiss me or something," I said as he leaned down to my lips.

"Okay, lovebirds," Ari said walking into the kitchen. "This is very nauseating,"

Charlie and I quickly broke apart before laughing at each other.

"Aw, Ari," I said ruffling her hair. "You'll get a boyfriend one day, maybe,"

Ari gave me a death look and I couldn't help but laugh. But, I couldn't let her know that we knew what she did. I had to act like everything was normal until I had the guts to confront her about it.

"Are you gonna ask her about ya know?" Charlie whispered in my ear.

I shook my head, "I don't know, maybe,"

"You should. Figure out why she did what she did," He whispered again as I leaned against his chest.

"I know, I will," I whispered. "I don't know when though,"

He nodded his head and dropped the situation. Of course I wanted to confront Ari about everything. But apart of me didnt want to know. I didn't want to know why she would put Ryder up to this and practically ruin my life. But, I needed to know.