𝐝𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

Chapter eight
╭━ ⋅☾⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅☽⋅ ━╮
❝ I like the dress, but I think you're cute when you're dressed nerdy ❞
╰━ ⋅☾⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅☽⋅ ━╯

The day of the Christmas ball had finally arrived, and the night before everyone headed home for the holidays, everyone was buzzing with excitement

The day of the Christmas ball had finally arrived, and the night before everyone headed home for the holidays, everyone was buzzing with excitement. Hundreds of students dressed up from head to toe in their fanciest of outfits, ballgowns and suits filled the halls as the students migrated to the great hall, all of them ready to have a festive night.

The four marauders found themselves quietly sitting in front of the main stairs right outside of the great hall, trying not to draw too much attention to themselves, as they waited for their dates.

"So let's get the plan straight right now before it's too late," Sirius said in a low voice as he looked around for anyone who could be listening, making it very obvious that they were scheming.
"You look so suspicious you git"

"Okay so we go to the dance, have fun," James said looking around to make sure everyone was listening in "Remus later sneaks off before us and gets ready for his furry little problem, then right before the ball ends at around 11 we all meet at the shack. Sound good?" James lays out the plan.
The boys nod as they all look at the stairs again.

Lily and Cassie were both finishing getting ready, loudly fighting for the bathroom mirror as they finished their makeup, all while Marlene and Marigold sat in the Gryffindor common room.

"Merlin! those two take so bloody long" Marlene whined as she fixed the sleeves of her dress. She looked over at Marigold who was extremely pale in the face staring at the floor, "you okay?" she asked catching Mari's attention.

"Oh um yeah, just a little nervous," she said with a shaky voice and a half-smile.

"Why are you nervous?" Marlene questioned, sitting up looking at Mari, "it's kind of silly, but I've never been on a date before, I mean I think it's a date, but we are only friends-" she rambled nervously.

"Oh Marigold, you have nothing to worry about. Remus is super sweet, you couldn't have picked a better guy to go with. You're going to have a lot of fun, let's not forget that Remus is smitten over you. You're going to have the best time" Marlene leaned forward and grabbed Marigold's hand as a sort of reassurance.

Marigold nodded her head in agreement, but on the inside, she was still in full panic mode.

The idea of boys and dating was all so foreign to the girl, she had never involved herself in anything more than school. But as soon as Remus entered her life, everything changed and Marigold was still trying to adjust.