𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐦 𝐡𝐮𝐠𝐬

Chapter twenty-two
╭━ ⋅☾⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅☽⋅ ━╮
❝ Godric Prongs,
our little Moony is growing up
so fast ❞
╰━ ⋅☾⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅☽⋅ ━╯

September 1st, 1977, Seventh Year"Bye mum, I'll see you at Christmas," Mari said kissing her mom on the cheek and giving her one last hug for the next few months

"Bye mum, I'll see you at Christmas," Mari said kissing her mom on the cheek and giving her one last hug for the next few months.
"And you, stay out of trouble and help mum," she said in a stern voice as her brother pulled her into a hug, "I will, enjoy your last year and don't get pregnant" she pulled away from the big and smack her brother in the chest gaining a chuckle from her mother.

Marigold grabbed her trunk and walked through the familiar aisle just as she had done for the past seven years. It all felt surreal, her last year, the final year before she was thrown into the real world.
She wasn't quite confident that she was ready for what was about to come, but she still had time.

She examined the hardwood floors that she had walked on plenty of times before, it was a different feeling knowing that this was her last "first day"
She observed the scuff marks on the wood panels, she ran her finger along with the engraved wood of the compartment windows. Fascinated by the glass pannels that had managed to withstand throughout the years with not a single scratch or a smudge on it's surface.
The train was one of the first things that marigold had ever experienced in the wizarding world. It was a symbol of home to her, Hogwarts, her safe haven.

Mari felt a pair of arms wrap around her waist pulling her into an empty compartment.
She looked up to see Remus with a grin on his face, butterflies filled her stomach as his brown eyes met her blue ones."Hello" she whispered lowly as she turned around grabbing the collar of his jacket pulling him into a hug.

His hugs were always superior compared to everyone else, his arms wrapped around her waist as her arms found their way around his neck, the way she has to go on her tiptoes so she can rest her face in the crook of his neck. Maybe it was because he was always warm and wore the comfiest jumpers, or maybe it was because just being in his arms made Mari's heart feel so full.
Whatever it was nothing ever compared to Remus' anything

"Missed me much?"
"Shut up" she murmured into his neck as he pulled away placing a soft kiss on her lips.
"Why did you pull me in here? Why not just drag me into the boy's compartment?" she asked as she fixed the collar of the boy's jean jacket.
"Oh, I am dragging you to their compartment, but I wanted to say my hello's to you first, privately, without the others taking the absolute piss outta me," he said shrugging gaining a smile from the girl.

He took her hand leading her towards the infamous Marauders compartment, the same one the four have been sitting in since their first year, and the place where Mari and Remus first laid eyes on each other.