𝐠𝐫𝐨𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐮𝐩

Chapter forty-three
╭━ ⋅☾⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅☽⋅ ━╮
❝ And there they stood,
just holding each other ❞
╰━ ⋅☾⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅☽⋅ ━╯

Regulus sat tapping his foot on the scratched hardwood floor, his ringed hands tucked into his lap as he twiddle his thumbs out of boredom

Regulus sat tapping his foot on the scratched hardwood floor, his ringed hands tucked into his lap as he twiddle his thumbs out of boredom. A burning sensation took over his arm as he ran his hand up and down his cotton sleeve, an awful reminder of the person he was desperately trying not to be.

Alastor Moody sat next to him, a harsh glare on the death eater as other Order members apparated into the building, the loud laughter dying off as their eyes landed on the boy who sat quietly with his head down.

The black-haired boy looked up for a split second, catching a glimpse of Mad-eye staring him down. "I don't understand how a low-life fascist-like yourself could ever gain the trust of Dumbledore" he harshly muttered under his breath, finally ripping his eyes away from the pale boy.

"You do realize that he is merely a child correct?" Alice Fortescue scoffed, her body turned to the older and less put-together man, as she watched Regulus look up at her with the shadow of a smile on his face, "he is seventeen years old, still in school, and other than the tattoo on his arm has never legally done any harm" her voice pushed, watching as the older man rile up at her tone.

"He comes from the highest pureblood family in all of Europe, his family's reputation taints everything the order stands for!"

"His brother is a member, how is Sirius' life any more valuable than his?" her French accent so icy that it could make any grown man crumble.

Frank Longbottom sat contently next to her, his hand gently tapping her thigh to get her to stop taunting the Auror. She brushed him off and looked the older man up and down, "your prejudice is what taints what the Order stands for. We are an organization meant to stop a war, not create ones from the inside" and with her final words she turned her body towards her fiancé and cleared her throat with a smile.

A quiet laugh left Regulus' lips as he watched Moody grow baffled, "never in my years have I been treated with such disrespect!"

Marigold and Remus apparated into the tiny shack hand-in-hand, her eyes heavy from her early morning chalked full of school and exam preparations.

A smile dusted the lanky boys' lips as she rested her forehead on his bicep, a small yawn leaving her mouth as she steadied herself from the travel.
His grip grew tighter on her hand as she placed a short kiss on his lips, a mood brightener in contrast to the dingy room they found themselves in.

"Regulus," she said becoming more lively, going to sit down next to him. But with the swish of his wand, Alastor whirled her back onto her feet with a glare.