𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐞𝐯𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐛𝐨𝐲𝐬

Chapter thirty-two
╭━ ⋅☾⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅☽⋅ ━╮
I solemnly swear ❞
╰━ ⋅☾⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅☽⋅ ━╯

March rolled in quickly meaning final assessments were only a month and a half away, this year the teens were challenged with NEWTS, their last ever exams before their adventure into the real world

These marks were crucial to how they wanted their lives to go, meaning the stress levels were high, the grades in these tests were key to a successful future.

Per usual Sirius and James planned to go into their exams unprepared and understudied, but they would pass them nonetheless because they were just that good.
Peter, Cassie, Marlene, and Remus studied the average amount, just enough to refresh their minds of the materials before they burned out, and just enough to get a decent passing grade
Then there were the overachievers, Lily and Marigold, the two girls who planned to spend every waking moment with their noses stuffed into old dusty textbooks, reviewing thousands of pages of knowledge. Both girls feigned off of the stress, it was their motivation to get prepared, but they both looked sickly from their lack of care for anything other than their studies.

"We do this every year with you two, give me your books and both of you eat your breakfast," Cassie said snatching the books out the redhead's and the blonde's hands much to their demise.

"You suck, y'know that" Mari scoffed as she took a bite of the bacon sitting on her plate.
"I'm keeping you two on track and healthy, you should be thanking me, stubborn arseholes" Cassie muttered the last words under her breath making everyone laugh.

Everyone continued on with their mostly peaceful morning, the boys joking and laughing as the girls kept more to themselves, hushed conversations and loud laughter were the two most consistent things at their table.

Mari leaned her head onto Remus' shoulder, the rays of sun hitting her in the face through the stained glass windows. Her body absorbing the heat of both the sun and Remus' side. His hand slowly crept towards hers, his fingers intertwining with her much smaller ones.
A barely audible hum left her mouth as she closed her eyes, basking in the glory of the sunrise, and glad to just be living in the moment.

Her mood quickly dropped as she groaned, her hand pulling away from Remus as she stood up from her seat, "I just remembered I have a meeting with Poppy" she pouted as she left the group at her table in a hurry.

-

"Hello, Marigold" Poppy said letting the petite blonde girl into the hospital wing.
"Sorry I was late Madame, my morning was kinda slow, our meeting completely slipped my mind," Mari said grabbing an apron off the wall and tying it around her waist, she walked over to the don't to wash her hands of any bacteria or germs.