𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

Chapter thirty-four
╭━ ⋅☾⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅☽⋅ ━╮
❝ She slipped it over her head,
inhaling the familiar scent of home,
evergreens and chocolate,
Remus ❞
╰━ ⋅☾⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅☽⋅ ━╯

Chapter thirty-four╭━ ⋅☾⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅☽⋅ ━╮❝ She slipped it over her head, inhaling the familiar scent of home, evergreens and chocolate, Remus ❞╰━ ⋅☾⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅☽⋅ ━╯

Remus sat on the couch of the common room, a million thoughts running through his mind.

She loved him? No, she couldn't have possibly meant it, but she said it out loud which had to count for something.

No one had ever really loved him, sure his parents loved him sometimes, but his condition got in the way of true and pure unconditional love. It was hard to believe that Marigold truly loved him cause even in his brightest moment he found it hard to love himself.

"Remus I'm sure everything will be fine," Peter said sitting down next to the boy, "she just needed to leave to blow off steam, when she comes back to talk civilly you can apologize," he said patting his back reassuringly.
"I'm such a bloody idiot," he said leaning forward placing his head in his hands.

"You were a bit of a prick, but I'm sure you can fix this, it s you and Marigold, you are both good for each other," he says with a small smile trying to lighten the mood.
"thank you Wormtail, it means a lot, especially since I was a massive git to you earlier" he looks up at the mousey boy who just smiles wider.

"you're forgiven, you were just in the heat of the moment," he says patting him on the shoulder before getting up and leaving him to his lonesome.

The common room remained silent for a few more minutes, Lily tutoring Sirius and James on potions before their assessments in two weeks, while Cassie and Marlene went to go see if Mari had returned to her dorm.

"James, can you please pay attention," lily said snapping her fingers in front of his face.
"not when my tutor is this hot" he winks at her as he leans forward and places a sloppy kiss on her cheek, Sirius' eyes nearly roll into the back of his head as he starts to mutter profanities under his breath in annoyance.

Other than the awkward silence that filled the air, the common room also felt strangely tense. Something was off, everyone was blaming it on the screaming match that took place nearly an hour ago. But besides that everything felt out of place, maybe it was because everyone knew that things were about to change, but no one knew the extent of the changes that were about to take place.

The door opened revealing Marlene and Cassie, McGonagall trailing behind them.
"it's all gone Professor, her trunk and everything, the only she left behind was her books" Cassie sniffled as she wiped her cheeks.

"Emmaline Vance said she saw house elves come into their dorm and remove everything with no explanation! Mari never went back to the dorms either, she just left!" Marlene exclaimed furiously as she plopped down next to Remus on the couch.