𝐬𝐮𝐝𝐝𝐞𝐧 𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐛𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐭𝐬

Chapter One
╭━ ⋅☾⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅☽⋅ ━╮
❝ lupin became rather ravishing
over the summer ❞
╰━ ⋅☾⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅☽⋅ ━╯

    Remus Lupin was infatuated with her, Marigold Montgomery never seemed to leave his mind, he had a million stressors in his life, but she stayed the constant

    She intrigued him, and she was a walking mystery much like himself, she was like a cliffhanger in a book. Her flirty eyes and quiet sense of self left Remus needing to know how it ends, needing to learn about the details that make up her life.
    If it wasn't already clear enough, Remus Lupin has a big fat crush on her.

    She seemed to always catch his eye, the only girl he ever truly noticed, of course, Remus has noticed other girls, but none of the were quite like her. She was the only person in the entirety of the castle that could make his heart practically beat out of his chest from something as simple as eye contact.
    It confused him to no end that he could notice the tiniest of details about her, but couldn't contain any sort of information about the methods of divination. From the way she bit the end of her quill while she concentrated, or the not-well-known fact that she always wore mismatched socks on the days of big exams.
    He was mesmerized by every single little feature or small detail that made up the girl.

    Marigold was the first person to ever face Remus Lupin and look past the scars. The young girl walked onto that train exactly six years ago and looked at him as if he was a person, something worthy of her attention, not a monster, that was something even his parents had trouble doing.
    And that moment changed his entire life.

    After the sorting ceremony the two never really talked or gained any sort of friendship, they would just simply exchange looks in the corridors or small hellos now and then, even the occasional conversation when in social settings. But nothing flourished between the two, Remus could live with that, better to admire from a distance than to let her get to know his not so pretty parts.
    Remus grew a close-knit bond with his fellow Marauders and Marigold closed herself off from the world, she grew shy as he blossomed into one of Hogwart's most well-known bachelors. They were simply acquaintances, nothing less nothing more.
    But that never stopped the boy from wanting more.

    She of course felt the same way, but she was far too shy to make it happen.
    Marigold could stare at Remus for hours on end, he was different, he was like a secret that she itched to figure out.
    She wanted with every fibre in her to gain the courage to speak to him, but anxiety and nerves put a wall between the pair. Ever since the day she stumbled upon him on the train there had always been something that pulled her to him.

    Ever since she was young Mari had a way of telling what people were feeling and thinking, it was a gift, but with him, she could never tell.
    She couldn't read him, and that piqued her interest. But over the years she noticed that tiny bit of curiosity turned into a crush.