𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐮𝐩 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐨𝐮𝐭

Chapter thirty-eight
╭━ ⋅☾⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅☽⋅ ━╮
❝ Never leave me again,
I will always need you ❞
╰━ ⋅☾⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅☽⋅ ━╯

Mari stood in Bagman's office along with her professor, her hand-dipped into the bucket of ashes that sat on top of the mantle

Mari stood in Bagman's office along with her professor, her hand-dipped into the bucket of ashes that sat on top of the mantle. Some grey dust spilt from her grasp as she moved closer to the entrance of the fireplace.

She took ahold of her trunk and stepped foot into the small chimney. She said a quiet thank you to the woman supervising her before saying the words Dumbledore's office in a very clear and stern voice.

And in the blink of an eye and a tiny bit of nausea, she was standing in the office of her old Headmaster, the only person present in the dimly lit room was McGonagall who stood with a slight smile on her face.

The petite girl pulled her into a hug, "thank you so much" she said as the woman began to hug her back.
"It's my pleasure, to be truthful things haven't been quite the same without you" the older woman pulled away taking in the blondes maturing features, Mari swore she could see slight tears in Minnie's eyes.

"Well you best be off, there are some people who have been waiting to see you the moment you left, the house-elves will transport your things into Ms. Evans dorm room," she said with a wink pulling the girl for one last embrace before she sent Mari into the corridor, shutting the large wooden door behind her.

Mari stood in the hall for a second, trying to take in the moment.
She was back home.

Marigold walked down the familiar corridors, her mind wandering to the memories she's made within the walls of the castle. From her favourite classes to watching the many successes of the Marauders pranks, to simply just spending her time reading in the library.

Her first stop was the library, surely someone was in there studying or simply just reading.

She made her way up and down the deserted aisles, rows upon rows of books with information that didn't just contain critical knowledge about ointments and healing potions.
There was wizard literature filled with adventure, romance, and of course the odd textbook here and there.
And of course he favourite section, muggle fiction, hundreds of classical novels filled to the brim with excitement. Pages and pages of plots twists and famous quotes.

She made it to the front corner of the library where Madame Pince had her desk set up.
The cranky woman still looking as bad-tempered as usual.

"Ms. Montgomery? What a pleasure to see you" the woman said looking over her bifocals at the young girl.
"I'm just here for my graduation" Mari smiled at the woman. Her fingers gently tapped in the desk as she felt Pince's gaze still on her. Suddenly a loud laugh erupted from behind Mari, Madame Pince stood up and roared at the top of her lungs causing the young girl to flinch at the sudden yelling.