𝐆𝐑𝐎𝐖𝐋: 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐃 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐎𝐍

"How are you guys holding up?"

That question made them realize what they really felt about the situation. All of the piled up emotions suddenly went up to them.

Giselle released a sigh. The girls looked at her.

The Japanese girl sadly smiled. "To be honest? I don't know. I looked like I'm coping up but I guess, I'm not. After I seeing that article, I felt like my world crumbled down into pieces."

A tear strolled down on the Japanese's face. She immediately wiped it off as she forced a smile. The others stared at her with pity.

Another sigh was released. But this time, it's from the bright haired girl.

"I don't even know where my parents are. I don't even have any news from them. In this situation, I can't help but think that something happened to them. I know that I shouldn't think like that, but how?"

Winter tried not to break in front of them. But the three can clearly see her eyes glimmering like crystal as she hold her tears.

Giselle immediately gave the smaller a hug.

"Let it all out, Winter. It's fine."

As soon as Winter heard those words, tears came out like a raging river from her beautiful eyes, letting out the packed up emotions that she's keeping inside her.

Giselle patted the smaller girl's back, wanting to comfort her. This is the first time that she saw her best friend cry from a long time. The last time she saw Winter cry was when the girl's father didn't made it to her 8th birthday party because of his 'business' which was nine years ago and after that, Giselle never saw Winter cry until this day.

The cousins looked at the best friends with sadness in their eyes. They've been through there too. They know how it feels.

The cousins nodded at each other as they joined and hugged the best friends, making it a comfortable, warm group hug. Giggles erupted on the four.

Winter sniffed one last time before asking while looking at the cousins, "How about you two?"

The two smiled. A smile that tells a painful story they have moved on.

Giselle and Winter can see it. No matter how their smiles are, it's all in the eyes.

"We've been through it too," Ningning said. "The only difference is, we know what happened to our parents."

Karina nodded. "They... Died in a plane crash. Mine and Ningning's parents."

Before Winter and Giselle could even utter a word, Karina stopped them.

"It's okay. It's been nine years." She said, telling the best friends that they don't have to be sorry.

"You know what, guys?" Ningning started, making the three look at her. "Let's make a promise."

"Ningning, didn't you know that promises are meant to be broken?" Giselle said, not really liking the idea.

"Then consider this promise to be the only promise that will never be broken, whatever happens." Ningning replied.

Giselle sighed, but then smiled. "Okay, then. What is this promise, Madame?

"We will fight with each other. We will save each other. We will die together. That's the promise." Ningning said, raising her fist.