Part 40

TAEHYUNG'S POV
Midnight

I came out of the guest room. I came at the balcony. Rapid wind was hitting my face. I closed my eyes and a tear escaped my eye. I remembered the first time my heart had broken.

6 YEARS AGO

FLASHBACK

TAEHYUNG'S POV

Today I will tell my friends that I love Y/N. Whenever I see her my heart starts beating faster. Butterflies fly inside my stomach to feel her every time. She has  made her place in my heart . I really love her. I want to marry her and cherish her till death. I want to give her all the happiness. I want to protect her from the cruel world. I just want to hide her in my arms. I want to make her mine and only mine.

I also brought a ring for her. It is not an expensive ring. Just a normal ring with my name initials. I wanted to propose her right after telling my friends. Today I am going to make her my queen. But will she say yes? Besides she is going out with Jungkook from the past few days. Maybe they become really close friends.

I entered the dorm room. Smile was leaving my face. I saw everyone was sitting there. They were laughing and talking. I think this is the right time to say that to them. But Jungkook was not there. Then I saw Jungkook entering the dorm with a huge smile plastered on his face. I got happy seeing my best friend this much happy. He came to me and said,

JK: I want to say something to you guys

Taehyung: Okay you say it first. Even I want say something.

JK: Really?

We smiled seeing him smiling.

I nodded

Taehyung: let me guess, you are in love, right?

He got surprised.

JK: How did you know?

Taehyung: Because I have never seen my bunny this happy.

He shyly smiled and we all giggled.

Taehyung: Tell us, who is that lucky girl huh,

I teased him

JK: I..I..mean..her na..name is..

Taehyung: wait why are you shuttering?

We laughed hard and he blushed

JK: Her name is Y/N. I love Y/N....

My smile faded away.....on the other hand everyone got up and started congratulating Jungkook. They were really happy for Jungkook. I froze on my spot. No words were coming out from my mouth. The girl I love is loved by Jungkook. He loves Y/N. He pulled out a ring and said he was going to propose her today. I felt something heavy in my heart. I felt that my heart was crashing. But the worst thing was not showing  my feelings to the others. The worst feeling was acting happy where my heart was ripping inside. I cannot hurt my own best friend. He had never been this much happy. I cannot ruin his happiness. I will just try to forget Y/N. Maybe I didn't love her. I tried to lie to my heart. I tried to persuade myself by saying that only Jungkook loves her, not me. Tears were threatening to fall but I tried my best to control my feelings. It was a mix emotion inside my heart. One side I have to leave the girl I first ever loved. On the other side, my best friend was going to propose the girl I love. There was happiness and grief both feelings in my heart. But why am I feeling the pain only?

JK: BTW hyung, what were you about to say?

I got back into reality. I was still trying to process what just happened. I hide the ring in my pocket.