||5||

3rd Person PoV

Y/n and Yohei both stood back to back, the rain non surrounding them. Both were tensed, the elder of the two more than the younger. He didn't want y/n to fight, he knew what fighting did to her body so he decided that he'd attempt to take all the ninja out before y/n could even move a step.

However... The rain nin jumped before he could even activate their families kekkei genkai: the ability to control time and see it in one eye, and the ability to strengthen, weaken or even block another person's jutsu, and to strengthen their internal chakra as long as they are conscious.

Y/n flinched and managed to grab one of her uncles kunai and quickly swin up, blocking the attacking ninja's swing.

"Are you OK?" Yohei asked as he spun around and quickly swapped their positions.

"Why wouldn't I be? It was only a kunai," y/n rolled her eyes before grabbing the back of her uncles shirt and pulling him back just in time for a group of shuriken to cut through where he was previously stood, "pay attention to yourself. I'll be fine."

"Hm... Fine," he nodded, "don't work too hard though."

"I can't believe you just told a ninja not to work too hard," y/n laughed as she released his shirt and pulled out her katana, "I just want to get to Konohagakure and have a bath. Let's deal with these assholes quickly, yeah?"

"Sure," Yohei agreed before the two of them split up and charged in two different directions.

Y/n pulled her katana up, deflecting a kunai before jumping into the trees. She spun around and cut across, slashing across a rain ninja's face as he jumped up after her, clearly not expecting for her to be able to react even before he attacked.

The attacker stumbled back and fell out of the tree tops as someone took his place, lunging forward and dodging y/n's first swing.

She dragged her other katana up, the other ninja pulled back, her blade just skimming the end of his nose.

"Tch-- why the hell-?" he growled before dodging and tossing down kunai with exploding tags attached to them.

Explosions echoed through the air, y/n jumped off the branch and grabbed it before swinging herself back, narrowly missing the blast. She retook her position on the branch and swung her knee up, landing a gut wrenching blow to her attackers abdomen. He lurched forward and let out a gasping cough before quickly recovering and swinging a kunai up, y/n pulled away, the small stinging sensation of the blade skimming across the top of her cheekbone caught her attention as she jumped a few branches back and put some distance between the two of them.

Her hand went up to her newly acquired wound and pulled back, the red of her blood was smeared across her fingers.

"It's been a while since I've bled from something other than poison," she muttered to herself before shaking her head and wiping her fingers on her trousers, "focus, y/n. This isn't like with Kankuro and Temari. Lose and you die here."

Steadying out her breathing, y/n crouched slightly, both hands held up, blades crossing each other in front of her face.

"You're better than you're supposed to be, dying child of the almost extinct l/n clan," the ninja opposing her stated.

"Yeah? And?" she shot him an irritated look, "Why're you attacking us, huh?"

"Our mission is to wipe out the l/n clan once and for all," he replied, "though I shouldn't have told you that, no matter. There are only two of you so it's not like you'll be able to get away from us and survive?"

"You should've just left me, I only have two to three years left to live anyway," y/n informed him as she watched him shirk off his equipment and pull out a large sword, "wow, overcompensating for something, are we?"

"My name is Yano. Yano Zen and I will be the last person you meet in this life," the rain nin suddenly introduced himself making y/n just shoot him a blank look.

"I... don't remember asking or caring," she stated, Yano grit his teeth irritated before lunging forward, swinging his unnecessarily large blade forward.

Y/n jumped up and watched as the blade buried itself into the tree she was stood on and then she landed on the top of his blade, crouching and staring down at him.

"Why're you swinging such a big blade in the tree tops?" she asked, "isn't it obvious it'd get stuck?"

"Get-" Yano got ready to drag up, "-off my sword!"

The sword was freed from the tree and y/n was thrown up as splintered wood flew around.

"What an idiot," y/n whispered to herself as she hooked onto a branch and swung herself up, "He's just going to keep getting stuck in the branches. This isn't a fight, this is just a muscle brained idiot with a giant stick destroying everything in his path."

Y/n jumped forward, landing a kick on Yano's chest, sending him flying out of the trees. Y/n dropped down as well just in time to watch Yohei drop kick another rain nin and then grab his head before pulling his chakra enveloped kunai across the ninja's neck.

"Yeesh--" y/n shot her uncle a weird look, "you got blood on your new sandals."

"What-- oh damn it. You're right," Yohei let out a soft groan before turning and grabbing a rain nin charging at him by his face and smashed them down into the ground, "I just bought these damn things. What a pain in the ass."

"Don't ignore me!" Yano shouted as he swung his blade forward, cutting through the air. Y/n quickly jumped back and Yano followed after her, jumping forward, starting their chase through the forest trees.