||epilogue||

Y/n turned around and smiled brightly as she watched the figure of a person form in front of her.

"Was it worth it?" she asked as they finished appearing. A boy, he had long brown hair and white clothes. His eyes were pale and pupiless but upon seeing y/n, their harsh nature softened and grew happy.

"Was it worth you giving your life up, Neji?" y/n asked again, "did you save someone who will make a difference?"

Neji smiled.

"Yes," he nodded, "I believe Naruto will bring a whole new meaning to the ninja world. He'll change everything."

"So are you happy with your choice?" she asked him again.

"Yes. Hinata and Naruto will change everything. My sacrifice was just one of many that needed to be triggered for us to be able to bring a state of peace to the world," he replied before smirking, "not to mention... I finally get to see you again, y/n."

Y/n smiled and approached him.

They intertwined their fingers and y/n rested her head on his shoulder as he rested his head on hers.

As she rested, she looked at the pendants that were dangling around Neji's neck. She couldn't help but smile and reach out. She took one and then tied it around her own neck.

The dark void around them brightened up and showed many familiar faces.

Everyone they knew and loved were there, now they were both able to be with those who they lost recently, before and a long time ago.

"See you in the future," Neji mumbled, "Naruto."

The couple walked over to their family and friends and started taking among them all.

How long was y/n gone? She didn't know, neither did she care.

What matters now, to both her and Neji is that...

They're together once again.