||28||

"There he is," I pointed to where Neji was looking around in confusion, "Neji!"

I waved to catch his attention, he noticed me and Temari and jogged over.

"I didn't know where you'd be so I was going to the inn but couldn't find it," Neji told us, "Why're your streets so hard to navigate?"

"Probably because unlike in Konoha, all the buildings here looked exactly the same," I pointed.

"Well, you can't have much artistic licence in a place like this," Temari shrugged, "anyway, you don't need to hire a room since y/n has a house here."

"What? You do?" Neji looked at me in surprise.

"Yeah, uncle didn't sell it off because he wanted to come back here once things settled," I replied, "Suna has basically become his home. Though... He does complain about it way too much for him to actually love it like he says he does."

"He has lived here for a long time though, I guess even things he dislikes gradually can become something he likes," Temari smiled.

I nodded and then looked to Neji.

"Did you eat?" I asked, he shook his head, "then how about we go get Kankuro.. and--uh-- Gaara, and have food at home. Or-- you, Temari, can get them. Me and Neji will need to go get some ingredients."

Temari gave me a small smile, probably happy that I initiated Gaara's invitation first.

"Then we'll see you there in an hour!" Temari grinned before waving as she jogged away.

"Uh--" I turned to Neji, "shall we go then?"

"Lead the way," he nodded, slipping his hand into mine, "by the way, how did you live here for so long with a body like yours? It's hellishly hot even for me."

"I guess I just adapted?" I shrugged, "though I remember when I first came here, I couldn't do anything because I was too hot. Uncle Yohei had to work harder to try and make it so I could comfortably live with him."

"Sounds exhausting."

"It was."

After that, we shopped for five or ten minutes and then headed back to my uncles apartment.

Neji put his bags in my uncles room while I tossed mine in my own room and then began cooking. Neji started to cook with me, but he got in the way so I kicked him to the side and told him to set the table instead.

Forty five minutes later I was finished cooking and five after, Temari and her younger brothers arrived.

"Welcome home, y/n!" Kankuro beamed, "oh and its that guy from the chunin exam. The one who got beaten up by the nine tails."

"Neji got beaten up by who? Naruto?" I stared at Neji in surprise.

"I did not get beaten up by Naruto," Neji silently huffed as he took two plates from my hands, "I let him win."

Uh-huh.

"Whatever you say," Kankuro sniggered to himself as he dropped down at the table and Neji slammed his plate down in front of him and placed the other in front of Gaara in a rather obviously gentler way. Temari walked over and took one plate while I took the last two and we both walked to the table, breaking the silent static tension building up between the teaser, Kankuro, and the teased, Neji.

"A-anyway," I spoke up as I sat down and looked to Gaara, "Temari told me you're trying harder to become Kazekage."

"Yes," Gaara nodded, "it's proving to be difficult. However, I expected it."

Blunt and straight to the point.

After that we just fell into an extremely extremely awkward silence.

It feels so heavy...

"So... Y/n, wanna come back to Suna yet?" Kankuro asked, grinning, "bet Konoha is getting pretty boring now, huh?"

"Boring?" I repeated before humming and looking up, "boring... Nah, not really. It's actually better since I'm not dying from the heat everyday. Though nothing has really changed for uncle Yohei since he's working just as hard as he did here."

"Well he is a master paperwork completer," Temari pointed out, "I'm sure the elders and councilmen in the leaf are exploiting his amazing filing abilities just like they did over here."

"I feel bad for him but honestly, its better him than me," I laughed lightly, "I'd get frustrated and run away if I was in his position."

"Temari would definitely back hand everyone with her fan," Kankuro stated, swinging his fork around and splattering a bit of sauce on Temai's face.

She visibly got angry and wiped it off her face before swinging her knife impressively in her hand and pushing it forward, Kankuro barely managed to catch her wrist before the tip of the knife hit his nose.

"Die," Temari glared.

"You didn't deny it," Kankuro shot back, grinning challengingly towards his sister.

Sand rose up between them and pushed them back.

"You're making a mess in y/n's house. We're guests, stop being bothersome," Gaara barely even glanced to the pair who both backed down and nodded, muttering out a pretty half hearted apology.

"They're pretty lively," Neji muttered.

"They are and they made my life pretty light hearted all things considered," I smiled at him as I replied, "They're quite fun."

He stared at me for a moment with a blank look before he smiled.

"I suppose so."