||46||

A day and a half later_

Neji's PoV

"Alright, let's set up camp here," Guy sensei told us.

We'd finished our mission and were heading home again.

"Here? Now?" I asked, "we still have plenty of daylight left to burn. Why set up now?"

I had a bad feeling and all I really wanted was to get back to Konoha and go see y/n.

"We aren't in a hurry," Guy replied, "and it looks like there's a storm coming."

We all looked up to see a cluster of dark clouds creeping up almost above us.

"We know you want to get back to y/n, Neji," Tenten walked over, "but if we get stuck in the storm we might end up in a hospital ourselves. So let's just wait it out."

I sighed.

"Fine," I nodded.

"Do not worry, Neji. We shall return home soon," Lee gave me that annoying look he always does.

I just turned and started to set up my tent.

°🧪°
A day later_

"I'm going to the hospital," I told the others once we finally reached Konoha.

I swear, the village was much closer the point we were resting at the last time we went on a mission.

"You should go home and rest first, Neji," Guy sensei said.

"No," I shook my head, "I'll go home later."

Before anyone else could say anything, I headed in the direction of the hospital.

Once there, I went straight up to the floor y/n was on to see Eins sat outside the room.

"Why are you outside?" I asked him.

Eins jolted slightly. Oh, he was sleeping.

"Sorry, didn't know you were sleeping," I apologised. Eins took a breath in and stood up, stretching before glancing to the door which was slightly open.

"No one except Yohei, Lady Tsunade, and Miss Shizune are allowed in," Eins told me, "looks like Yohei has gone in now."

I glanced to the door, then to Eins and went to walk in but he moved faster than me and shut the door before looking to me.

"Sorry," he apologised, "Hokage's order."

"I'm her boyfriend," I tried to argue.

"And I'm her uncles best friend," Eins shot back, raising a brow in a bored fashion, "we both gotta sit outside."

I just watched him for a moment before shaking my head and sitting down.

He sat back down next to me and we just sat in silence.

Time passed and Tsunade finally showed up.

"Can I go in?" I asked her.

She glanced to me before looking to Yohei who'd popped his head out of the door, Yohei shook his head.

"Sorry, Neji, best not to right now," Tsunade replied.

"But why?" I asked.

"Just listen to us," Yohei shot back before opening the door more, "come on."

Tsunade nodded and disappeared into the room with Yohei.

It was like this for the next few days. Only Yohei, Shizune and Tsunade entered the room while me and Eins sat outside. I think Eins wanted to leave sometimes but he was acting like a guard because I was there.