||50||

When I originally wrote this story, it was only thirty chapters long. What the  hell happened during this rewrite?

°🧪°

"See? Wasn't this a great idea?" Temari asked after she somehow produced a small picnic out of literally no where, "sandwiches, trees, that waterfall. The sun! How much better do you feel?"

"Just a bit," I smiled.

"A bit is better than nothing," she beamed before taking a bite of her sandwich.

"Aren't you going to eat anything, y/n?" Kankuro asked, looking pretty worried.

"No appetite," I replied, "I had soup earlier though so I'm fine."

The siblings shared a worrying glance but didn't comment.

"Do you want me to move so you can eat?" I asked, looking up at Neji.

"I ate when you did, remember?" he smiled down at me before taking my hands in his and folding across my front. His hands are warm in comparison to the outside. It was nice.

"You guys are cute," Temari smiled, "it makes me sick."

Both me and Neji chuckled slightly at her comment.

"How long are you guys here?" I asked.

"Just a couple days, we need to get back to Gaara," Kankuro answered.

"We've been helping him a lot recently," Temari added on, "it's a nice change in comparison to watching him doing stuff and not being able to help him at all."

"Like when he was the murder child of Suna?" Kankuro looked to his sister.

"Yes, Kankuro, when he was the murder child of Suna," she rolled her eyes before looking to us again, "so, excluding the outer appearance... are you getting better? Like at all?"

I let out a slow sigh and I didn't want to really answer that because if I did then I'd probably upset them and that was the last thing I wanted.

"The hokage and the other medical nin are working really hard to find a cure," Neji seemed to notice my reluctance to answer and answered for me, "I think they might be getting close."

"That didn't answer my question though," Temari retorted.

"She'll get better," Neji pushed, "she will."

No... no I don't think I will.

"You have a lot of faith for a dying girl," Kankuro suddenly said causing us all to look at him.

"Kankuro," Temari looked at him annoyed.

"Just look at her, sis. Even y/n doesn't have hope anymore," Kankuro stated, "just look at her eyes."

Whoa-- he can tell?

Neji squeezed my hands in response to how Kankuro was talking.

"Doesn't mean she doesn't have a chance," Temari argued.

"He's right though," I spoke up, Neji's grip faltered for a moment, "if I'm going to be honest, I don't think that Tsunade is going to get it on time."

"Y/n-" Neji looked over my shoulder to me with worry.

"Don't worry, Neji," I smiled at him, "I'm not giving up yet. Not while Tsunade is working so hard to help."

Neji stared at me for a moment and frowned before dropping his head down on my shoulder.

"Anyway-" I quickly stopped that conversation, "did you hear that my uncle may be returning to Sunagakure as Konoha's rep again next year?"

"Yeah we did," Temari laughed, "Baki almost laughed outloud when he heard. I think the elders are already planning to shirk their work off onto him again."

"How'd you find out though?" Kankuro asked.

"Yohei was very loudly complaining to Eins a few days ago when he thought I was sleeping and he went into the hall," I replied, "it was funny."

Temari and Kankuro just stared at me though.

"What?" I asked.

"You're... you're bleeding," Kankuro stated.

"What?!" Neji quickly reacted and sat up straight again, he moved so he was looking at my face completely, "y/n-!"

"Whoa--" I grabbed his arm as I frowned, "I suddenly feel really dizzy."

"Hold on--"

Yohei's PoV

My brothers room...

Me and y/n have avoided this room like the plague so I don't really know what state it's in right now. Let's hope no one broke in and stole stuff. Well, everything else was fine when we came in so I'm going to guess it'll be fine.

Reaching out, I grabbed the handle but paused for a moment.

"Alright. Sorry, brother, I don't mean to invade," I muttered before pushing the door open and walking in, "well it's not dusty. Eins must've cleaned it when he and his spiders took over the place a while back."

I followed y/n's instructions and quickly found the box she was talking about. When I opened it, I found the two pendants that my brother and sister-in-law used to wear after being given them by our parents.

"Still as old and crusty as ever," I muttered as I looked at them before sighing, "alright. They're not that crusty. They're just old."

I feel like I'm being judged by my ancestors.

Closing the box again, I picked it up and went to leave before pausing when something caught my eye. Turning, I noticed a frame on the floor.

"What is..?" I picked it up before sighing, "I didn't know that we still had this photo."

It was an old photo from when we were kids. Me and Kohei with our parents. It was taken back when we were ten, right before our dad died in a scuffle with the hidden cloud, we've never really been good friends with those guys.

"You idiot, you said you got rid of this photo," I muttered before placing it safely on the side, "bet you just spent ten years hiding it from our mother."

The thought made me chuckle a little bit before shaking my head and turning, I left the room and then headed back towards the hospital.

"Eins?" I noticed my friend stood outside y/n's room with a panicked expression, "what's the matter?"

"The room is empty."

°🧪°

Ok so like, I was writing this at 12pm and then I looked at the time and it was suddenly 4pm. All I'd been doing was watching reels... whoops?