||33||

Yohei's PoV

I silently sipped my tea as myself and Eins waited to hear y/n's door shut above us.

"So," Eins looked at me seriously, "is it true?"

"What? That I pushed my pride to the side and willingly got on my hands and knees and bowed to that blonde asshole of a hokage?" I asked.

"Yeah," he nodded, "though... I wouldn't really describe her as that."

I sighed.

"Yeah, she's not an asshole, she is blonde though it's an accurate description, reminds me of Ryoha sometimes, even though they weren't related in the slightest. Anyway," I placed the cup down, "I did it for y/n."

"I'm surprised. She must mean a lot to you if you, a very prideful man, are willing to get on the floor and bow to another person," he pointed out.

"Y/n is everything to me," I stated, looking to my left to the old photos of her, my brother and sister in law, "she's the only child of my brother. She's my only family. My precious niece."

I felt Eins' gaze on me as I reached out and grabbed one of the photos of the three of them.

"It's actually funny considering to begin with, I struggled so much with her than I was on the verge of hating her," I sighed, placing the photo back down and looking back at my old team mate from back in our genin days, "but she won me over with the same charm that my brother used to have. Sometimes I'm confident he's with me when I'm with her."

"Is that the only reason you did such a thing?" Eins asked, obviously referring to my bowing to Tsunade.

"No," I shook my head, "did you know, when y/n turned eight, she had her first attack? It was then that I realised that she... she is y/n and not Kohei or Shira. When she was nine, another attack and then ten, it became more frequent. She was in so much pain that it was right there and then that I realised that..."

I frowned.

"I wanted to save her from the pain," I finished, "so I left Suna, y/n was in the hospital at the time so I wasn't worried she'd get hurt without me around. I travelled to find Tsunade, but I could never find her. After two months, I had no choice but to return, work was piling up and the hospital couldn't just keep y/n there when she didn't need to be."

I sighed.

"I don't understand why you didn't ask Lady Tsunade when you first returned," Eins sighed, "you could've, right?"

"Yeah. But I was pissed," I laughed awkwardly, "I ended up cursing her everytime I saw and thought about her. After all, she ignored the first request, and then while I was following her gambling and debt trail all around the damn continent, my niece was suffering with a smile on her face like it was nothing."

"I see, so you were being a dummy," Eins stated rather bluntly before taking a really long and loud sip of his tea, clearly showing he was judging me silently, "well, anyway. What was her response?"

"Response? Oh to my request to help y/n?" I leaned back and sighed, "it wasn't what I expected."

"Please," I bowed to the blonde woman sat behind the hokages desk.

I was asking for her help. But I was also apologising for everything I've said about her and to her.

"I'm begging you," I looked up, desperation on my tone, "please save my niece, Tsunade."

"You want me to help y/n?" Tsunade asked, leaning forward, "get off the floor, Yohei."

I didn't budge.

"Please, Tsunade!" I exclaimed, "I can't bear to watch it anymore. She's dying and I can't help her."

"Stand up Yohei," she sighed.

"No! Please! You have to help her. Please! She's my precious niece, my only family. Please save y/n!" I exclaimed, "I'm throwing my pride to the side for this. So please, Tsunade! Help her!"

"Yohei, listen to me, get off the floor," Tsunade said, "You're going to get dirty."

"But--"

"I said get up you stubborn fool!" she slammed her fist onto her desk and I quickly had a feeling of impending danger so I shot to my feet and looked to her, "You're not the first person to ask me to look into this matter."

"Huh? Who else..?"

"Many of our genin who've met the girl have barged in here on multiple occasions, not only her but our sensei have too," she smiled as she leaned back in her seat, "they were very persistent plus, I am partially responsible for her situation. After all, I didn't respond to the request I got nor did I bother to try come during these past years."

"Then--"

"Yes. Yohei. I am going to help y/n to the best of my abilities," she assured me, "I'm just waiting for her medical documents from Sunagakure."

"Oh thank lord," I stumbled back, the heavy feeling on my shoulders lightened slightly, allowing me to breathe a tad bit easier.

"However," Tsunade caught my attention, "please don't get your hopes up too much, Yohei. I may... I may not be able to help her."

"And if that's the case, I shall not curse or blame you. That is my promise," I bowed my head to her, "thank you so much, Tsu-- no, Lady Tsunade. I'll forever be in your debt."

Tsunade smiled.

"Nah, just by me a round of drinks and we're even," she told me.

"Deal."

"And that wasn't what you expected?" Eins asked.

"Well I kind of expected her to go all overbearing-I-don't-want-to-do-anything-for-you kinda way," I replied, waving my hand around, "you know, like in books. Or pay-me-and-I-might!"

I watched as Eins' shoulders trembled and he threw his hand over his mouth to stifle his laughter.

"Idiot," he sniggered, "that woman is our hokage, not a villainess from a story."

"Yeah, yeah. Shut up you," I rolled my eyes and sighed, "I know."

"Well, I'm glad y/n has a chance now," Eins smiled, "you can finally rest a bit easy now. Hm? Why're you looking at me like that."

I stared at him before frowning.

"In the span of five minutes you've not only laughed but smiled as well," I told him, "are you sure you're Eins and not some random person using transformation on me?"

"Why you-- of course its me! Who else would come visit your sorry ass willingly?!"

"Wha-- harsh! That was mean, Eins!"

"It's true!"

"Asshole!"

"Dumbass!"

"Spider loving weirdo!"

"Sword kissing idiot!"

°🧪°

Yohei team fact:

Yohei was on team 5 of his graduating year with Eins Aburame and an Uchiha called Ryoha Uchiha. They all graduated when they were nine and became chunin when they were ten. Once the third great ninja war was over, all three of them were promoted to jounin thanks to their contributions.

Ryoha died a month before the Uchiha massacre during a mission following a lead on Orochimaru and Eins was critically injured during the same mission but narrowly escaped death thanks to his wife who was head of the medic nin at the time (Yohei was in sunagakure so he wasn't there - though he wished he was).

Eins' wife is now a stay at home mother for their three kids because she thought it best that at least one of the two of them weren't ninja just incase the worst happened (they live in a world where the next day could be their last so it makes sense).