||6||

I glanced back, looking over my shoulder as I ran around the forest area.

"This guy is seriously persistant," I sighed as I saw the glint of the blade shine through the trees behind me, "why'd they have to appear right before we finally got to Konoha? This is a serious pain in the ass."

A sharp pain shot through my chest and I felt dizzy.

"Not now," I skidded to a halt and held my head in my hand slightly as I tried to steady myself out while I shook the dizziness away, "what a bad time--"

"--for the poison to decide to rear its ugly head, huh?!" a voice cut me off, I turned quickly (a bit too quickly because I was suddenly drowned in a shock of pain) and I saw Yano, the damn rain ninja, stood in the clearing behind me.

"You..." I paused for a moment and calmed my suddenly rapid breathing down, "you used that blade on purpose, didn't you?"

"Duh," Yano nodded, speaking with a tone that made me want to punch his stupid face in, "You're poisoned. The poison is so bad that you can't do a lot of exercise so you restrict your movements to save up a bit of energy so the more you move, the more energy you use, the faster the poison will bite back. The bigger the sword, the more you'll become cocky and become sloppy in your energy saving."

Bastard.

He grinned as he lifted one hand and held it in half of the ram handsign.

What's he planning now?

Suddenly, a burst of chakra exploded from him as his sword cracked, the blades pulling apart and floating around him.

"What is..?" I frowned as I watched them float before flinching and pulling my blades up, deflecting the shards of Yano's blades that were suddenly shooting after me, "what the hell is this?!"

"This is my families specialty: scattered chakra blades," Yano told me rather smugly.

I really want to punch his stupid smug face. Grr.

"Chakra? That's not fair! I can't use mine!" I shouted as I dodged the blades, not knowing if my blade could withstand a chakra reinforced blade cutting through it.

"There's no thing as fairness in a fight to the death!" Yano shouted as all the blades rushed back and hovered in the air just above me before shooting back down at me like a rain cloud of sharp edges.

I dodged the best I could, getting caught here and there, the feeling of small stinging brushed through my body from the blades inflictions.

Feels like I've been suffering from a ton of paper cuts.

"Annoying," I muttered, straightening myself out.

"What did you say? I didn't quite catch that," Yano leaned forward, a sly grin on his face.

Annoying.

He's so annoying.

"You know you're not going to beat me with taijutsu alone. You're not the Konoha beast, f/n l/n," Yano grinned as I got ready to attack again.

Fuck worrying about damaging my blades, if I don't fight back I'll die.

3rd Person PoV

Y/n took to a low fighting stance, one foot slid forward ahead of the other slightly, crouching as she pushed one black back into its place on her back. She then placed her now free hand on the hilt of her blade, lowering it down slightly and falling serious.

Yano histated slightly as he sensed the air around them becoming thicker, heavier and more tense.

He started to pull his separated blades back towards him, the sharp slices of metal hovering around him.

A few moments of weighted silence fell over them before y/n shot forward. Yano staggered back a step, eyes wide in surprise as she suddenly appeared in front of him, tip of her blade swinging up.

Gritting his teeth, Yano leaned back and forced his hovering blades to shoot forward, collecting together and just narrowly blocking y/n's blade, the screeching of her katana skidding across the jagged mismatched edges.

"Why're you suddenly so fast?!" Yano shouted as he jumped back, successfully putting distance between the two of them.

Y/n ducked under the makeshift bladed shield and slid across the floor, cutting up and across as she rose up from her crouch again.

Yano, once again, quickly pulled his parted blades towards him, creating shields against y/n's swings only for her to quickly push past and repeat the process.

Sneering, he pulled all his shards back, forcing half of them to form into a katana just like y/n's while the other half hovered around him, seemingly ready to shoot forward when y/n moved from her spot again.

She straightened up and leaned back slightly before sighing.

"Can't you stay still for two seconds?" she asked, irritated and forcing back her ever-growing exhaustion and pain from all the movement, "this hurts a lot more than you can imagine."

Yano got into a fighting stance, ready to attack y/n head on along with his hovering blades rather than just with the hovering blades alone.

He felt that it was a dirty trick but at this point, he didn't care, he just wanted to get his mission completed and the sooner the better because he knew his team mates wouldn't be able to take Yohei l/n down alone.

"I have a request," Yano stated, looking to the h/c haired girl before smirking, "die for me?"