||7||

Yohei's Person PoV

I sighed as I finished taking down the last nin attacking me.

"That took a lot longer than I expected," I muttered as I massaged my shoulder, "must be out of shape from sitting behind that desk and doing paperwork all day everyday."

Shaking my head, I stretched and looked around.

"Hm? Where'd y/n go?" I asked no one in particular, "she must've gotten lost."

I sighed.

Guess I'll go look for her...

3rd Person PoV

Yano shot forward, y/n did the same.

Both ninja swung their blades up, clashing as soon as they reached the middle. Yano's strength greatly outweighed y/n's and he easily pushed against the h/c haired girls attack, the slight scraping sound of their blades steel echoing through the air as they struggled against each other.

Yano looked to his hovering blades and then back to y/n, they shot forward, slashing at y/n's arms. Before they could cut too deep, y/n swung her leg up, managing to kick Yano where the sun doesn't shine and quickly separated herself from him and watching as he groaned.

"Bitch-- I'll definitely kill you for that," Yano declared furiously as he regained his composure and shot forward again, this time his hovering blades all shot forward with him.

Y/n deflected the attacks of the separate blades before spinning around just in time to parry the edge of Yano's blade and then rush forward, using his momentum to strike her earlier to her advantage as she quickly closed the distance between the two of them and slashed forward, managing to hit Yano in his side as he tried to evade her hit, not being able to bring his sword back quick enough to block her attack.

Hissing, Yano instinctively placed his hand against his side where a large gash had been left by y/n who simply glanced back. Her e/c eyes were sharp with killing intent that sent thrilling shivers down Yano's spine, but even so, he grinned. Something about the whole situation gave him a sense of amusement despite the fact that he was starting to wonder if he'd be the killer or... end up being the killed.

Y/n turned around soundlessly and took to her low crouch offensive stance again. Launching forward, she pulled her blade up, cutting across. Her blade was intercepted by Yano's and they both began to go back and forth, swinging their blades. The sound of metal hitting metal echoed through the forest as they both gradually moved further back, further away from where they originally started. Though, neither of them noticed that.

"Argh! Damn it! Fine!" Yano separated them both by managing to land a kick in y/n's gut, sending her flying back and up against the base of a cliff, "I didn't want to do this, but it look like I've got no choice."

Y/n, letting out a gasping breath as she stood up again, looked at Yano in confusion before noticing the bright red aura surrounding the rain nin.

"Is that chakra?" she whispered as the blade in her hand suddenly began shaking. Frowning, she tightened her grip on said blade before flinching as the one on her waist was dragged away from her and flew directly towards Yano. Not only that blade but from where the fight had originally started, a bunch of kunai, shuriken and blades came flying towards him.

"What in the..?" y/n stared at the sight in confusion before watching as all the blades broke apart like Yano's originally had. The katana that Yano had created earlier broke up like the other weapons that'd joined and all of them hovered above him. Y/n stared up at the large cloud of sharp weapons that cast a looming shadow across the area.