||43||

My photography teacher isn't showing up so instead of working, here's a chapter :D

°🧪°

I woke to the sound of Neji sleeping and managed to shift myself without waking him just to see my uncle sat at the end of the bed, peeling an apple. He doesn't like the apple skin. Weirdo.

"Morning," I greeted him.

"Afternoon," he replied, looking up to me and placing the knife back down in a less than non threatening way, "you look comfortable."

"Very," I nodded as I looked to Neji, "He's surprisingly a really good pillow. Better than these flat things the hospital has."

He glanced over Neji before standing up and sitting down on the end of the bed, he offered me one of his apples but the sight of them made me feel a bit sick so I shook my head.

"How're you feeling?" Yohei asked.

"Better than I did earlier," I hummed as I looked myself over, "head hurts a bit though."

"That's what happens when you fall asleep like that," Yohei let out a small laugh before falling serious, "Tsunade isn't going to let you leave the hospital now."

"Oh yay," I sighed, "that sounds like it won't be boring at all."

"It's for the best," Yohei looked down at his plate sadly, "I... can't look after you anymore, it seems."

"You were gone," I nodded, "but it doesn't mean you can't look after me. I'll certainly be more comfortable at home, you know?"

"You probably would but I won't risk it," he shook his head as he looked back to me, "I wasn't even away from the house for ten minutes and within that time everything fell through. Y/n. You are safer here. So don't try to leave, please?"

I sighed but nodded.

"Fine," I agreed, "but don't treat me like I could shatter, 'kay? That'd be annoying."

"You? Shatter? Who do you think you're the niece of, hm?" he looked slightly irritated, "we l/n don't just lie down and die. We prevail. You'll live, I know you will."

"She will," Neji suddenly spoke up, surprising both me and Yohei, "sorry, didn't mean to scare you."

"When did you wake up?" we both asked.

"When y/n moved?" Neji replied, although he didn't seem all to sure himself, "it woke me up when I couldn't feel her next to me anymore."

Oh.

"Sorry," I apologised.

"Don't apologise," he smiled, "I needed to wake up anyway or I wouldn't be able to sleep tonight."

"You'd be able to if I knock you out and kick you out the room," Yohei muttered, though, I don't think Neji heard since he looked at Yohei slightly confused.

"Anyway," I quickly pulled the conversation away from the slightly violent uncle, "don't you have work, Uncle?"

"Work?" he repeated before shooting up, "work! I will be right back. You-"

He pointed to Neji.

"Don't do anything, and you-" he pointed to me, "don't do anything I wouldn't do. I'll be back."

Before me and Neji could get a word in, Yohei had sprinted out the room, not even noticing that Eins was no longer here.

"Your uncle is pretty strange," Neji commented.

"He's a good uncle though," I smiled at him, Neji nodded.

"I'm glad you have a good uncle," he told me, "one of us have to."

"What does that mean?" I asked.

"Nothing," he stood up and stretched before turning and lying back down.

What was the point in stretching if you were just going to return to your previous position again?

He grabbed me lightly and pulled me down, wrapping his arms around me and pulling me into his chest.

"Do you feel better now?" he asked, "since you slept?"

"Yeah," I nodded as I adjusted myself so I was comfortable, "You're like my pain remover. It seems to always disappear when I'm with you."

Though a slightly different kind of pain comes into thought.

The thought that no matter what, I'm going to end up leaving you behind and I think... it'll be soon...

"That's good then," Neji nodded, "I'm glad I can help you in some way."

He planted a kiss on the top of my head and I pulled away.

"If you're going to kiss me, kiss me properly," I glared at him slightly. He smiled before leaning down and kissing me on the cheek.

Then my nose and forehead.

"Neji--" I went to say something but he cut me off by moving to my lips.

"Ahem--" someone walked into the room and I couldn't help but feel a bit annoyed.

We both parted and looked over to see Lady Tsunade.

"Good afternoon, you two," she greeted us before walking over to me, "I'm just here to check something, you can get back to doing what you were doing once I'm gone."

Well that's not embarrassing at all.

She walked over and hovered her hand over my own.

It glowed for a moment, she stared like she was expecting something and just as she was about to pull away a sudden shock of pain shot through my hand causing me to the be the one who pulled away first.

"Ow-- what the hell?" I looked at my hand in confusion as I felt it burn but disappear gradually.

"Seems even when the poison isn't attacking I can't heal you with jutsu," she hummed, "Alright, experiment over. Take your medication and rest. I'll be back later."

"Sure?" I replied as she turned and left, "what just happened?"

"Did the healing jutsu hurt you?" Neji asked as he took my hand gently and looked at it.

"It burned," I frowned as he turned my hand so it was palm up and then palm down.

"Strange, it didn't leave any marks," he told me, "does it still hurt?"

"It's tingling," I told him.

He frowned.

"Byakugan," he chanted, he looked me up and down, "I can't see your chakra points."

"What? Is that even possible?" I asked.

"I guess it is," he looked troubled, "all I can see is a swirling darkness."

He stopped using his Byakugan and hugged me.

"I'm sure Lady Tsunade can fix this," he told me, "I'm... certain she can."

You don't sound very convincing, Neji.

I sighed and hugged him back.

It's my fate to die, no matter what happens, I know what will happen to me in the future.

But I'll smile. Keep smiling so Neji and Yohei feel better.

Just smile, y/n. Keep smiling.