Return-032

Ford and Carl ended up walking off together, Carl's shaggy hair swaying just a tad as he walked beside Ford, talking aimlessly about things, though knowing Ford probably wasn't paying all too much attention. Now and then Ford would glance over to get back in place with the conversation at hand, hand subconsciously brushing Carl's. The shorter brunettes' eyes darted down briefly, fingers twitching slightly before interlocking with Ford's, making the taller smile a little and continue beside him. Hours passed, the two going between soft talking and silence, Carl sitting flustered beside a shirtless Ford, who sat on the floor in front of their bunks.

Back relaxed and slack for once as the boy exhaled, you could almost see his ribs, but not quite. "F.. Ford..?" Carl whispered, seeing Ford's eyes shift over from the corner of his eye. "Are you hungry?" Ford thought a moment, thinking to when he last ate before nodding a bit. "Yeah... A bit I suppose... Why..?" He didn't feel hungry, and his stomach wasn't grumbling, but he hadn't eaten for a good several hours. He didn't want to worry Carl.

Carl stood and got a shirt for Ford, holding it out to him with a tiny smile, Ford returning the smile, slowly taking it and slipping it on before standing and dusting off. The short brunette, once again, held his hand out to Ford, who gladly took it, shuffling down to the cafeteria with the shorter.

~-~-~-~-First Person Point of View-~-~-~-~
--Ford--

I stood beside Carl, hand shaking a slight bit as he spoke to Carol about getting something small to eat, as both were hungry. Carol nodded and said it was almost dinner time anyway before handing us both granola bars. "Go sit, I'll start dinner now, we have everything for corn chowder tonight." I nodded and brought Carl to a table, settling and taking small bites of my granola bar. 

"It's days like today I wish we had proper showers, I feel gross.." Carl mumbled, probably not meant for me to respond, but I looked up anyway and let a tiny smile tug onto my lips. "Yeah... A shower does sound nice today... Wanna sit in the guard tower tonight? Or should we stay in the prison till your dad and everyone get back..?" Carl took a moment to respond before humming and exhaling. "Dad wants me to stay in the prison in case anything happens... So let's stay in tonight, and if they're back before nightfall then we'll go to the guard tower?" I nodded a bit, squeezing his hand as I finished my granola bar, throwing the wrapper away, and stretching.

My mind finally slowed and let my tired, sore body catch up, I exhaled slowly and sat back down beside Carl, looking over at him and smiling, though strained. Carl's hand moved to hover my head, slowly lowering to rest on my shaggy hair, though I had it cut right up till we made it to Hershel's farm. That was a month ago, we made it through the winter on the run from four different herds of walkers. We had run in circles twice by the time we found the prison, had been in every nearby and accessible house and small business places. Though I do wonder who would want to take Maggie and Glenn, they both knew how to kill, sure, but they were on a run for medical supplies, as we were running low now.

Why take the two when they could have just taken the supplies that they had found? Was it someone we all knew in that case? Trying to find where we were..? My mind ran blank on people, slowly shifting over to the well-being of Rick before huffing a bit. "I hope they get back safe.." Carl looked at me and rubbed my head. "They will.."

For once my head felt clear, there wasn't any fog, or cloudiness in my brain, I could see Carl clearly, smiling at him for once, genuinely. And to me, it seemed Carl noticed that, and instantly smiled back.

"Today a good day..?" I nodded at his question.

~-~-~-~-Third Person Point of View-~-~-~-~
--Usual--

Carol watched the two boys talk and move about, even smiling when Carl rested his hand on Ford's head of shaggy, dark hair. Noticing the smile Ford finally cracked to the younger boy, making the older woman smile at the two and chuckle. She finished their dinner and started dishing out bowls for everyone, leaving the cans be, for now, she moved to set two bowls at the boy's table. Both thanking her quietly and moving to start eating peacefully.

_________________________________________________________________

[Word Count- 779]

A bit later than I had hoped- Oops.

Enjoy :)

-Ender Bishop