All Forgotten-033

Sorry for the long wait on this chapter-

-Ender Bishop

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shuffling feet and rapid breathing was heard from the group, Rick leading them further into the woods with the help of Michonne. Walkers were everywhere, being attracted to the smell of human flesh roaming about, alive human flesh. Rick and Daryl made quick conversation about their slight predicament of being surrounded before they made a gap in the seeming wall of the vicious biters.  Oscar running along behind the small group of three others with him, bring up the back of the small group. Rick made a small hand motion toward, what looked to be anyways, a cottage or cabin. With little to no effort needed the group got inside, loud buzzing from flies quickly droning out any other soft noise besides the growls of the small group of walkers that had formed.

"Lassie came home I guess...." Daryl's gruff voice broke the silence as he stared at the dead dog laying on its bed. 

~-~-~-~-Third Person Point of View-~-~-~-~
--With Ford--

Ford and Carl stood just outside the prison in wait, Ford taking slow, calmed breaths as he watched the sun come close to afternoon now. It had been a few hours since the group had left to save Glenn and Maggie. Ford's eyes glazed over with slight worry, standing close to Carl as he exhaled slowly. 

"Think they're alright..?" He asked the boy that stood beside him, Ford bit his lip lightly. "I hope so.." He responded, making his way back inside with Carl, taking even breaths as he walked. Once inside Ford plopped down beside Hershal, who sat in the cafeteria, talking with Beth softly about different topics. When Ford sat down Hershal turned to him and smiled with his aged face, grey-beard slightly grown out now. Just as the small group had got settled, a loud scream was heard, seeming to have come from inside the building. Ford's head snapped toward the doors, quickly standing and leading Beth and Hershal, as well as Carl inside their cell block. 

"Where's Carol?" He asked quietly, Hershal responded to him, saying she was in the guard tower with Axel and Judith was in a cell asleep. Carl looked at Ford, raising an eyebrow. "That came from insi-" "What if they came in and are injured or something is wrong?" 

"Walkers have wandered in from outside, my guess is a wall in the back is down. People could have done the exact same thing as those walkers." Carl made a move to stand from the steps he had sat down on, Hershal lifting a crutch up to stop him. "I can't let you go down there Carl" "My dad would have gone.." Hershal slowly lowered his crutch, Carl making a soft jog toward the cellblock door, Ford bit his lip, slowly running after him and nodding to the two remaining inside the block.

The two young boys were walking down the halls, guns drawn and flashlights raised up to see their pathing. Both were silent as they moved, not wanting to send an unwanted alert to their position if these people were dangerous. The boys took several small turns, Ford making sure nothing and nobody was following behind them. Eventually, dead walkers could be seen laying, sprawled on the ground near the walls. Some old, some still having dark red blood running down their heads from recently being killed. Ford took his eyes from behind for a moment and looked at Carl, turning back around to a growl where Carl quickly shot a walker inches from them. Watching it fall to the ground before the yells got louder as they continued.

'Boiler Room
Mechanical:
Authorized
Personnel
Only'

Ford read the door's sign a few times before hearing loud yells of 'No' being repeated, making a dash inside with Carl by his side. The scene was horrific. A few lone survivors killing walkers while two were sat on the ground, a man and a woman, both of which were crying. Carl raised his gun and shot one, startling a struggling woman, the small group looked at the two boys. Ford standing silent while Carl jumped into yelling.

"Come on! Hurry!" He hollered, making the small group jump into action and lift the injured woman up to leave the boiler room. Though not too far outside into the hall the man helping her dropped to the group. The biggest man of the group saying he'd take her and to cover him while doing so. He easily lifted the frail woman up, a few walkers being killed in the process, either by Ford or Carl using their guns and silencers. Once the woman was situated over his shoulder the group started jogging through the halls, Carl in the lead and Ford laying back to bring up the back of the group.

The second Ford left Carl peripheral his head whipped around each direction, Ford saw this and smiled a tiny bit. "I'm in the back! Don't worry, keep going" Carl visibly relaxed and nodded a little, once the group got into the cafeteria attached to their cellblock the man started yelling to the woman. 

"Oh god! Donna! Is she dead? Baby- baby are you there?" Ford took note of the injured woman's name- 'Donna' though it quickly left his mind seeing as she wouldn't be in this world much longer. Her eyes were wide open, mouth still agape. Chest staying still, Ford had figured she was dead and stepped back, arm outstretched in front of Carl to push him behind his frame, the man over Donna started crying, watching as tears fell onto her face. As the group was distracted Carl and Ford silently made their way back into the cellblock and locked themselves into the cellblock.

The minute any of them noticed the woman stood and started yelling, Ford stepping in front of Carl and staring at her as she yelled. Telling the two to open the door, how they weren't animals and shouldn't be treated as such.