Found And Forgotten- 038

Ford stood emotionlessly in front of the gate, eyes void of any and all emotion as he stared at Rick, who explained where Daryl was and that they had found Merle. All of which piled up on Ford very quickly. Rick looked over and made a quick jog to Ford, who collapsed to his knees within seconds of being touched, Rick wrapped him up tightly, hearing a very small whimper leave his lips. "Rick-- Rick-- He's really gone-" Rick shushed him and rubbed his back, nodding Carl over, who ran toward them and dropped to his knees to hold him as well. The Grimes heard a soft sob, a dry sob of all things leave Ford, who was clinging to Carl tightly. Arms shaking slightly. Rick slowly moved back, making sure Carl was holding Ford snuggly before going to the prison. His mouth going dry when Hershal pulled him off to the side to talk very quietly.

Rick nodded to what Hershal was saying, rubbing his face when he was done talking. "Hell of a time for Daryl to leave... The man left and left a fuckin.. Mess of a kid behind with no blood relatives... Boy's been through far too much..." He mumbled softly. Hershal nodded in agreement, when Rick saw the other group Hershal and Carl had gotten acquainted with he freaked, saying there was no place for them there and that they had to leave. Rick was reasonably stressed, not thinking right. He had a suicidal teen boy and a group of survivors to look after, one of said survivors being an older man with crutches and missing a leg. Two of the other survivors constantly running off to have sex. And a recent survivor that ran off with his piece of shit older brother.

Once the group had gotten scared off and left Rick exhaled, rubbing his face slowly, Glenn walking toward him slowly with Maggie hugging his arm tightly. "What's up, Rick..?" "We need to talk. All of us adults. Not Carl, or Ford. The adults close to Ford." Glenn nodded a bit. "And not Beth. She doesn't need to know about this." He, once again, nodded. Going to get checked over by Hershal, who checked on his and Maggie's wounds carefully. Making sure the two were ok and healthy. When everyone was finally settled and talking quietly in one of the cells, Rick stood with his back to the door as he slowly spoke.

"We... All need to keep an eye on Ford right now... His brother just left him here, alone with us, kid's got no blood relatives left here, and I learned... While we were away... Ford tried to... Off himself... He is not allowed alone with weapons, till we ALL think he's mentally stable enough. Meaning every single one of us. If most of us think he is but one or two don't, then we ask 'why' and try to get everything settled... He needs us right now... Let him know that you all care for him... Ok..?" Everyone took their time processing what they had been told, Glenn snapping out of his dazed state first and looking around, laying eyes on Rick, and swallowing softly.

"He's just a kid... He shouldn't be going through this shit alone... Can he finally be allowed to stay with Carl? Ya gotta admit... That kid of yours really does calm him, Rick... And Daryl making sure they weren't together too much... Really had to of had a toll on him..." Rick nodded slightly. Everyone took a slow breath, asking their own questions one by one, making sure they each got their answers from either Rick or Hershal.

Once everyone had their answers and were slightly less worried they all parted ways outside the cell.

~-~-~-~-Third Person Point of View-~-~-~-~
--Ford--

Ford slowly stood, on wobbly legs, still clinging to Carl as he was walked inside, head ducked as he stared at the ground with wide eyes. Arm having a burning sensation from the friction of his bandages and sleeve. When his eyes landed on one of the cafeteria benches in front of him he slowly sat, Carl, hugging him tightly to his side, Ford's slim body leaning into him a tad bit. Fingers subconsciously tugging at his sleeve ends as he let a shaky breath out, slowly lifting his head to look around for others. Eyes eventually landing on Carl, who offered a little smile toward him, Ford tried to smile back.

And for once, the sight of Carl didn't bring that smile to his face, making his brain fully stop as he looked Carl in the eyes. It hurt to even try and smile at the moment. And Carl could see that, so he reassuringly rubbed his bicep and hugged the brunette a little tighter. Ford slowly dropped the gaze to his hands, which now laid in his lap. letting his mind run blank as he stared at his clenched hands.

Carl couldn't make him smile today.

Carl couldn't make him happy or brighten up today.

He just wanted peace.

Peace of mind.

Peace of heart.

And he couldn't have that.

Today.